Chapter 2

A couple hours later, I was able to finish most of my room, and the girls were too

I learned that Josie is an Engineering Major and Maddie is a Communications Major. I was astonished by their majors because both were super impressive. Josie is from North Carolina, a couple hours away and Maddie is from Upstate New York. 

Now, since my mom decided to get dinner with a friend she's had since college, whose in town, and we're all sitting in the living room eating expired Oreos that were left in the cabinet from the people who lived here before we did. 

"So pizza?" Maddie asked.

"Sounds good to me." I answered. I love me some pizza. 

"I think there is one on Main Street, if you want to try it. I heard it's amazing." Josie suggested.

"Not better than Pizza from Joe's at home, but it'll have to due." Maddie said, shrugging her shoulders. 

"We're lost!" I yelled.

"We're not lost, we're on an adventure." Josie said with sass to me. 

We decided to walk, and not take an Uber. I said I could pay but no. Josie wanted to explore the campus. Couldn't we have explored in an Uber? She decided it would be fun to not use a Map either, and I quote 'Have some fun!' Well I can tell you, I'm not having any fun when I don't have pizza that I'm craving for. Now, we are walking down past houses that people are moving into. This is definitely not the pizza parlor.

My back was turned to the girls, and I was not watching where I was going. 

"Why don't we-" I got cut off from what I was saying because I ran into something. Or rather someone. And I then fell down on my butt. Great.

"Hey, are you alright? Looking for a certain house?" The boy asked. As I looked up. I knew who he was. Luke Johnson. Center for the Duke Basketball team. I know this because my dad has been watching Duke's team ever since I committed to the Blue Devils. 

"Yeah. Sorry for running into you. We're lost." I answered quickly, looking to get out of this conversation.

"Oh? Where are you guys headed?" He asked us. 

"The Pizza Parlor?"

"You're headed to Enzo's, right?" We all nod. "Well I can tell you where it is. It's about 7 minutes walking distance from here. Are you looking for someone? "

"Unfortunately, we're lost. And new. So we have no idea where we're headed." Josie answered. 

Luke laughed. "That's quite alright. Hey, I could drive you guys down, I'm headed there now. Only if you guys are comfortable with that though. "