Chapter 26

California is the most picturesque place

We went to the Hollywood sign yesterday. Well, we hiked as far as we could. Mia says that you can't hike all the way to the top because of the neighbors.

The boys, Mia, and I all hiked to the closest part of it. It has an amazing view of LA. Josie and Maddie got tired about halfway through, though. So, they just waited for us to come back.

Ben took a picture of Mia and me, which I posted on my Instagram even though Mia didn't think it was 'cute,' yet she's always cute to me.

Right now, we're sitting on her little couch right outside her room. She's asleep right now. Right on my chest with her arms around my waist.

Luke is sitting on the other chair beside us, smiling.

"What?" I whisper to him.

He shakes his head. "Nothing, man."

"Would you be quiet?" I ask him, doesn't he see that Mia is sleeping?

"I am," he shrugs. "Mia is super good for you." He tells me with sincerity.

I lick my lips and nod. "I agree."

We sit in silence, watching the ocean, and I can tell he's thinking. 

"How's it going with Maddie?" I ask him after a little while.

He sighs. "We've hung out multiple times, but I'm not sure how I feel. She's a great person, but-"

"But, you're not sure if you should be with her."

He nods, "I'm lost, I guess."

I sit up a little bit. "It's okay to be lost. It's apart of finding who you are. But, you need to be patient. It can be super difficult. But, you need to trust that you'll know what to do when the time comes."

"Thanks, man."

I smile down at Mia, "Anytime."

I brush through her hair and kiss her head. I rub her back for a couple of minutes until she stirs awake.

Mia opens her eyes and closes them right away. "Bright," she mumbles as she rubs her eyes and gets off my lap.

"You're the one who wanted to fall asleep outside."

She rolls her eyes as she turns to Luke. "Do you see what I deal with?" She shrugs and opens the sliding door to go inside. Before she shuts the door completely, she calls out. "I'm going down to the beach if anyone wants to come."

I look over at Luke, and we both get up to go back inside. Hailey is changing her sweatshirt before running out after Mia.

Josie is laughing, along with Maddie. "Oh, I love Hailey." She mutters as she gets up too.