Chapter 27

The second semester is so much less stressful than the first

I think I was so nervous for the first semester that I couldn't think of anything else.

I'm taking a new class this semester.

A writing class.

It's my only class that I have today. And then I have my first workout with the soccer team.

To say I'm nervous is an understatement.

I talked to Nate almost all night about my anxious thoughts, and he helped me through them for the most part.

I'm walking into the building right now, and as I pass people, they watch me. I lower my head down and keep walking until I get to my class.

When I open the door, I notice that it isn't as filled as I expected it to be. There are only about five more minutes until class starts. I look up to see most of the third row empty. A boy is sitting down that has a cute outfit on him.

"Hi, may I sit here?" I ask him as I pull the chair out.

He smiles and nods. "That would be great. Yeah. Totally."

"Great," I mutter as I sit down. I'm just glad I'm in the right class and not like what happened last time.

"You're Mia Thompson, right?" He asks me as I get my books out of my bag.

I laugh, "Yep. How did you know that?" I tilt my head to the side.

"I've followed you on Instagram for years, and, well, your boyfriend is hot." He shrugs.

I roll my lips into my mouth as I try not to laugh. "Really?"

"Oh! I'm sorry. Yes, and I've seen you all over his Instagram, too. I'm pretty sure everyone on this campus knows who you are." He says as he looks over at me. "You're gorgeous, by the way."

I tilt my head back with a laugh. "Thank you." I giggle.

"Oh! Sorry, I'm Carter. Carter Jones." He puts his hand out for me to shake.

I take it and shake it. "Nice to meet you, Carter Jones. I'm Mia Thompson."

"Are you a good writer?" He asks me right away.

I take my Agenda out and my notebook along with my pens that I use. "Uh, I'm not sure. What is good?" I question with confusion.

"Well, with that attitude, I'm going to have you as my study partner. Is that okay?" I laugh at his remarks and nod.

"Sounds good to me," I smile at him.

"Welcome to Writing 101. I'm Professor McConnell. I hope you all enjoy this class. It's going to be fun this semester!" Professor McConnell announces to the class. "Let's get started..."