Chapter 16

I should've known

I should've known.

I should've known that I would have fallen in love with Mia in the first fourteen days of knowing her.

Didn't see it coming, though.

That's not true. I did see it coming, I saw her and I ran to her like I had been looking for her all my life.

Her laughter is infectious. The way her smile radiates happiness. The way she talks makes me want to listen to her forever. The way her face scrunches when she's confused and the way her face lights up when she's happy. The way we hung out for an hour at a party when we met. And I was already obsessed with everything about her when she left. The fact that my whole family loves her more than they love me. Everyone does. There is something about Mia that is unexplainable but also so easy to grasp. She doesn't even notice that I stare at her at any given moment. Or the way she reads and how she can predict the ending to any book or movie she's watching. Or the way her face lights up when she's reading something about romance and the guy says something cute to the girl and she melts on the spot. Or that she's a big softy on the inside and outside. Or when she talks about something she loves, you begin to love it as much as she does. Or the fact that I learn something new about her every day.

Now, I'm driving. And I'm doing something mildly crazy. At least to me.  

I'm driving to get a tattoo. 

This sounds insane, especially since you can't get it removed where I'm getting it. But, I'm getting it for myself. It has a meaning behind that, and even though you don't have to have a meaning behind a tattoo, I wanted to. Am I that type of guy? Probably.

I wrote it on a napkin a couple of days ago when Mia was sleeping and I was sitting beside her. I was doodling the most random things on this napkin and then I wrote it down without even thinking.

MMTJ with a small heart next to it.

It was the moment I knew for sure that I was in love with her. And now, it's going right over my heart.

When I figured it out, I freaked. I got up from the chair, kissed Mia's forehead quickly, muttered a quick goodbye to her mom and dad, and then proceeded to leave the building and get into my car.

I driven around for hours. Literally. I've been driving aimlessly around, for no reason. I decided to go to the only place where I knew where to think, where I feel most comfortable. My safe place. The beach I took Mia to in my hometown.

It's my safe place. It's the place where I go when I have big decisions to make, small ones too. It's where I can let myself be free, who I am. I used to do everything here. I still try to. Workouts, homework, stargazing, you name it.

I don't know how long I sat out there for, hours maybe. I just watched the waves pass by and thought about everything that my mind races of. Everything that's just been on my mind, I let it out.