Chapter 20

Halloween is in three days

Mia and I are going shopping for our costumes today.

I just picked her up, and she's jumping in her seat.

I look over at her, and she smiles. "I'm so excited!" She tells me, and I shake my head with a laugh.

"Why are you so excited for Halloween?" I ask her while I drive to the place she wants to go to.

"I'm not sure. I loved Halloween as a child. It was always so fun to spend time with my family and be able to eat candy." She smiles as she closes her eyes and puts her head onto the headrest.

I just laugh because only a little Mia would say that she loves every holiday.

My left hand is holding the steering wheel while my right plays with Mias. I keep them interlocked with hers as I drive towards the parking lot.

I find a parking spot and turn off the car as Mia gets out of my truck.

She walks toward the shop as I check up to her and take her hand. I look down at her as she walks through the store.

I almost walk into the door, though. It's a dangerous love for me. She laughs at my face, and I realize that I would walk into any door if it meant that smile was on her face.

She walks through the store, and even though she's tall, she still has me looking like a giant. I go through the store, and everyone around me stops to look at Mia, but she just keeps on walking through the sections.

At least she's having to find the clothes, and it's not me. Because it's so difficult to get anything done with her. I just want to watch her all the time because she's so mesmerizing to me.

"Oh my gosh! Isn't this great, Nate?" She asks me while holding up a tight red shirt with black shorts and tights.

I nod because I don't really know what else to say. Mia will look good in anything. Mia's got this all planned out, too. I guess we're putting these stickers onto the shirts, and then you can iron them? I've never heard of it, but Mia says it's super simple.

She walks over to me and smiles. "Let's go to the men's section. We're finding you the perfect outfit." She takes my hand and leads me to the other side of the store. Usually, I wouldn't be too excited to be shopping, but I'll take whatever time I can get with Mia.

I walk away to look at one of the shirts that I liked. It's blue, and I think it's Mia's favorite color. She has this deep love for blue and yellow. I'm not sure why.

By the time I get back to Mia, she's got six shirts lined out for me.

"What do you think? Be honest." She tells me, biting her lip.

"I think they're great. You know what I would wear and what I wouldn't. I just think you're making me stylish, and aren't jocks supposed to be sporty?" I muse to her.