Chapter 41

Chaemin's POV

Spending time with NCT is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. Literally, even just telling them about myself is fun. And very chaotic.

I would also ask them questions, but I kind of already have all of their likes, dislikes, preferences, memes, ages, birthdays, and almost everything else memorized.

My stomach also hurts from laughing so much during Ratatouille. It has no right being so funny to me, but the fact that I was sitting next to Mark, who laughs at everything and has a contagious laugh, made everything a thousand times funnier.

Of course, Lucas just had to ask me who my bias was. And I can't really turn him down in front of the rest of the group, so I gather my courage and say, "My ultimate bias is... Taeyong."

This makes everyone go absolutely ballistic, and then they start fake crying, which makes me feel guilty. I hope nobody comes at me if footage of this somehow gets leaked.

Now Taeyong has to ask the last question. Since the question about my bias is already out of the way, I hope we can end this on a light question.

Instead, I get something completely different.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

Before I can even think of something to say, the room erupts into chaos and teasing. Pillows are being thrown at Taeyong, everyone is clowning him, and I don't even know who's who anymore.

"Why do you need to know that?" Doyoung scowls, picking up a cushion from the floor and tossing it at the leader of his group.

"Whoa there, buddy, calm down for a second," Johnny gasps, doubling over in laughter as Mark starts hitting his leg.

"I-I'm just curious?" Taeyong stutters. I can barely even hear him.

"HAHA JUST CURIOUS!" Haechan laughs.

"Just answer the question and they'll calm down, Chaemin," Jaehyun advises me, getting close to my ear so I can actually hear him.

"Of course I've had a boyfriend," I tell them, rolling my eyes.

The room suddenly quiets down. It's so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. The noise that I hear instead is Xiaojun hacking his lungs up.

"S-sorry, what did you say?" he coughs. I furrow my eyebrows in concern and wait for Kun to pass him a bottle of water before responding.

"Of course I've had a boyfriend. His name was Steve and he lived in my basement. My favorite thing to do with him was play with stuffed animals. No, I haven't had a boyfriend," I repeat sarcastically before bursting out in laughter.

"Thank goodness, you scared me!" Taeyong sighs, placing his hand over his heart.

"Why would you be worried about that?" Yuta asks, raising an eyebrow. This sends the whole room into another fit of chaos.

"What even was that?" Jaemin groans.

You're such a clown," Mark mutters.

"I already knew that. Proud to be a clown," I respond.

My phone pings with a message from someone. Checking it, I see that my mom is asking me when I'll be done because she's going back home today for lunch.

"Well, I should probably go soon," I observe, checking the time on my phone. I've been here for almost three hours.

"Aww, you have to leave?" Winwin asks sadly.

"Please don't leave me with these crazy children! You might be the only one closest to sane here!" Kun pleads jokingly.

"I'll come back soon," I promise. "My mom is on her way home, so she's picking me up."

"Aww, okay," Jungwoo says understandingly as we all collectively stand up and walk over to the door.

"Bye, Chaemin!" Lucas waves from the back of the group. I find him towering over most of the others and wave back.

"Bye! See you next time!" I wave as the elevator doors close, accompanied by the sound of their door closing, too.

As I come out of the building, I spot my mom's car and run over to it, getting in.

"Hey Chaemin, how was your playdate?" she asks.

"Um, it wasn't a playdate, I'm 23 now!" I whine.

"Fine, how was your hang out session or whatever you call it?" she corrects herself.

"It was good!" I respond happily, bucking my seat belt so we can get going.

"Glad to hear that. You seem really happy," my mom observes, casting a glance at me.

"Yeah, my friends are really fun!" I respond, already thinking about the next time I can go to see them. It feels strangely normal to hang out with famous idols.

"What are you planning to do for the rest of the day?" she questions after a few minutes of silence.

"I don't know, maybe I'll shop for a new bed or something," I reply, thinking back to the events that occurred this morning.

"I hope you can convince Eunhae to pay for it," she says as we near our street. "But I wouldn't get my hopes up."

"Yeah, something really is fishy with that girl," I agree, slipping into my void of thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wut how did this happen? Y'all are seriously the best 😭

Also, another 1k reads? Happy 12k! 💚

Thanks for reading!