Epilogue

Taeyong's POV

~1 year time skip~

"Is everything in place?" I ask worriedly, checking my phone to see if Chaemin has said anything. Kun assures me that everything will be just fine.

It's been a year, and I feel like I just keep on falling deeper in love with Chaemin. 

So, I thought that it was about time to do something. And this something is a thing that I've been preparing for for quite a while now.

In other words, I'm proposing to Chaemin.

And I thought that it would be pretty cool to do it at the place where I asked her to be my girlfriend, you know? The place where our first official date was at?

The place where Haechan managed to turn out all the lights by tripping over a single wire? The place where we were served "five star food" ordered from a restaurant down the street?

Yeah, that place. I remember it all. As a matter of fact, that's where I am right now, repeating my speech in my head and stressing over literally everything.

I will admit that the members made that first time super extra. It worked out well, but this time, everything is ten time as extra. 

The stone path is littered with so many multicolored rose petals that it's basically blanketing the whole path. The landscaping around it is neatly trimmed, different from the last time we were here.

Not only are there fairy lights this time, but colorful and creatively shaped lights and decorations strung all over the trees.

The table in the middle has become larger, and the chairs fancier. For some reason, Kun still had that same vase from last time, so it's arranged on the handmade lace tablecloth table alongside candles and more decorations.

The rest of NCT even managed to get the same kind of flowers from last time, except a giant bouquet of them this time, which I'm tightly holding right now.

My phone pings, scaring me, but I quickly check to see what Johnny hyung has said. He's driving Chaemin here, since I have to be ready for her.

Johnny hyung
We'll be there in a minute
Chaemin is talking about how nostalgic this is

Me
alright thanks
pls focus and get her here safely tho

Almost exactly a minute later, his car pulls up. Jeno immediately opens the door to reveal my girlfriend, looking stunning in an actual dress. 

Here we go.

Chaemin's POV

"Hey Chaemin, what's up?" Johnny greets me, getting out from the driver's seat and opening the back door so I can get in.

"Nothing much, just me having no idea what's going on except for the fact that Taeyong told me to dress semi-nice and that you would pick me up," I respond very honestly.

"You'll see soon," he responds with a wink, starting the car.

"This is oddly nostalgic, you know? I feel like I've been down this road before. And you haven't been Chauffeur Johnny for so long!" I remark after a while.

"Yeah, your boyfriend decided it would be a good idea to replace me. But today, he's finally hired me again!" he laughs.

"I will say, you haven't gotten a new car within that year of break," I add mischievously.

"Hey! Don't you dare insult my precious baby! My car is fine!" he exclaims indignantly, pretending to be offended.

"Okay okay, your car is perfectly fine," I agree, turning to look out the window at the full moon shining above us.

"We're here," Johnny announces after a while. I feel the car stop, and then the car door opens to reveal Jeno, dressed in a suit and sunglasses with his hair perfectly styled. 

He doesn't look as good as Taeyong, though. Just my honest opinion.

"Welcome," Jeno greets me, taking my hand and helping me out of the car even though I don't need it. Why is this man being so nice to me?

"No way, I can't believe I'm here again," I gasp, suddenly recognizing the familiar circle of trees, this time strung with a million more lights than there were a year ago. The fond memories come flooding back to me all at once.

Then my eyes land on the people laying on the ground. Yes, you read that right, the people laying on the ground.

And, looking closer, I finally see what the words spell out. At the same time, I feel a hand on my shoulder and whirl around to see Taeyong, handsome as always and down on one knee in front of me. When did he get here?

"Chaemin," he begins while I try not to freak out over what I think is about to happen.

"I know that words can't describe how much I love you, but thank you for being  such an amazing, supportive person and brightening everything up. You make life worth living. 

I knew, from that day I met you on a Long Flight, that you were the one. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and so..." He opens a small black box to reveal the most beautiful ring I've seen in my life, 

"Will you marry me?"

A short pause of silence fills the air, and then I exclaim, "Of course!" This is so surreal. I've got to be the luckiest person in the world.

Taeyong's face lights up with a grin as he stands up and slips the ring onto my finger. It fits perfectly. Then he leans down and places a delicate kiss on my lips, making me blush.

"I have to say, you put a lot of effort into this," I remark, letting him pull out my chair for me. "I'm very impressed."

"Anything for you," he replies happily.

"But can we talk about how your group members are literally laying on the ground in suits spelling out the words 'Marry Me'?" I giggle, casting a glance towards the others, still on the ground, their bodies spelling out those two words.

"Oh right, you guys can get up now," Taeyong realizes. Everyone scrambles onto their feet and brushes themselves off, jumping around and screeching like birds.

"I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" Kun exclaims proudly, coming over with the brightest smile on his face and acting like there aren't people screaming behind him.

"Thanks for all of your help," my boyfriend, or well, my now fiancé, thanks him.

"I'd do it for anyone, including the single pringles over there who need women to tame them," Kun responds.

As he walks away, I look up and meet the loving eyes of Taeyong.

"I love you," he says, his eyes sparkling with sincerity.

"I love you too," I reply.

~THE END~

💚 THANKS FOR READING! 💚