Chapter 60

Taeyong's POV

"It's destiny," I laugh, taking a seat on a wooden bench. This is where I usually sit, sometimes only for a few minutes, sometimes for hours, just thinking.

"That's right," Chaemin agrees. I sneak a glance at her and admire her smile for a moment.

She looks up at me and I return her smile, then gently cup her face, slowly leaning in as my heart skips a beat, butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

Then our lips meet, fitting together perfectly as fireworks explode inside of me. Time stops, the only person in the world being the girl in front of me, the only feeling being her smooth, soft lips on mine.

We finally pull away, the need for air separating us. I'm not sure in the dim lighting, but I think that Chaemin is blushing. That was perfect.

"Chaemin?"

"Hm?"

"I think I'm in love with you."

"I think I'm in love with you too."

I can't stop the side grin spreading over my face, now that it's finally all out. Nerve wracking, but so insanely rewarding.

We sit there for a while more, just enjoying each other's presence, thinking about how insane this month was.

"Well, here we go, a new year," Chaemin smiles.

"That's right, a year that will hopefully be better than the last," I agree, remembering that it is, in fact, a new year.

"Good timing," she comments.

"So... should we head back now?" I ask, sad to ruin the moment, but knowing that it's gonna be way too cold to be outside soon.

"Sure, it's getting cold," she decides, standing up with me. I take the opportunity to take her hand again. We weave our way back to the parking lot, getting in the car.

"Should I take you home tonight?" I ask after a few minutes, knowing that Chaemin's parents are probably very confused as to what happened these past few days. She wasn't even home for New Year's, now that I think about it. Oops.

I hope this doesn't make her dad hate me. I'm not that worried about her mom, who is apparently very chill.

"Hm, I'm too lazy to sit through the whole car ride," she mumbles.

"The dorms and your house are like ten minutes apart," I laugh.

"Fine, I want to cuddle with you, okay?" she admits. I choke on my own saliva, not expecting her to be so straightforward.

"And I'd like to cuddle without any broken bones," she adds teasingly, directing my attention back to the road.

"Um, okay," I mumble, my face probably beet red.

"Aww you look so CUTE!" Chaemin squeals.

"Since when did you become like this?" I mutter, even though I secretly think it's cute.

"I may have been hanging out with Mark a little too much," she admits.

"You've met him, like, twice in your entire life," I point out. "He doesn't even live on the 5th floor, you know."

"Um, then I've been watching too many videos of him. You should see my YouTube Home Page, it's dominated by Mark," she responds.

"Okay, show me," I say, stopping the car at the dorm. She looks surprised, but then unlocks her phone, glances at her phone screen as if in disbelief, and shows it to me.

"Taeyong being cute and wholesome," "The duality of Lee Taeyong," and "My favorite NCT Taeyong moments" are the first three that I see.

"That's right, Mark has most definitely dominated your YouTube," I laugh, secretly glad that she watches videos about me so much.

"Well, it's your problem for being so perfect," Chaemin grins. My heart flutters at her words.

"Okay okay, you can stop now," I laugh, getting out and opening her door for her.

"Aww, such a gentleman!" she exclaims. I smile and shake my head at her, pulling her towards the door of the building.

"You never told me who your bias was," I realize as we're in the elevator.

"Did you somehow forget? It's obviously Johnny," she replies, and then seeing my confused expression, laughs and says, "No, it's you and always has been you, dummy."

"I knew that, I just wanted to hear it again," he responds with a proud smile. I roll my eyes, stepping out of the elevator.

When we enter the dorm, Johnny and Haechan are in their room playing a game, while Doyoung is in his room, probably sleeping because that's what we do on break days.

So we go through the whole nighttime routine, and then turn out the lights.

"I love you," Chaemin mumbles after a few minutes.

"Love you too," I reply, running my fingers through her smooth hair as I slowly drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Okay okay okay so it finally happened, 60 chapters in

Thanks for reading!