Chapter 44

Chaemin's POV

I swear, I'm actually going to go kill Eunhae now. Annoying me is one thing, but tracking my location and finding NCT? That's on a whole different level of rude.

I was literally just talking to Taeyong about hanging out at a museum. Not on like, date level, just hanging out. I think. And this girl had to come in and ruin my life just like that. How annoying.

And this, plus the fact that if their manager finds out I was the cause of the whole mess, I probably get in trouble, is a lot to handle.

I'm going to do something about Eunhae. Hopefully.

Unfortunately, after an hour of thinking, the best idea I've come up with is to book her a flight back to America. Yeah, I'm not that creative.

But the more I think about it, the more it seems like it could actually work. I've known Eunhae's parents for years, and they know how to discipline their daughter when needed. 

Considering that Eunhae probably stole their money to get here, her parents have great reasons to be upset with her. I'll just be doing them a favor, and then they can do their thing.

So I get on the Korean Air website and start looking for a flight back to New York. It looks like there's a direct one that takes off tomorrow, with only a seat left.

Using the little bit of money that I have left, I book the flight and print out the ticket. This is really dumb and sudden, but I'm willing to risk it.

Now I have to go find Eunhae.

My mom seems to understand that this is urgent, so she takes me back to the building. On the way there, I tell her about most of the drama.

Once there, I get into the elevator and press the button up to the fifth floor, hoping with all of my heart that nothing bad has happened just yet.

The elevator doors open to reveal Eunhae standing there, just as I expected her to be. Perfect.

"Hey, Eunhae," I call, stalking towards her.

"What are you doing here?" she asks, looking genuinely surprised.

"I don't know, maybe because I actually have permission to be here?" I respond. The argument starts getting heated.

"Chaemin, Chaemin, Chaemin. What is going on with you?"

"Eunhae, the question is, what has happened to you?"

"Me? I'm just trying to make myself happy! I asked for your help, but you refused, so I've got to take my own feelings into my own hands."

"And have you considered the feelings of others?"

"Of course! NCT would love me, I'm so their type!

"Eunhae, you can't be someone's type if you're trying to pretend to be someone you aren't. You shouldn't change yourself just to fit someone else."

"What do you mean? I'm cool, pretty, have a taste in style, unlike you."

"Those were things you changed in one day, Eunhae. If an idol really had to pick, I'm going to say that they would rather be with a trustworthy, transparent person instead of a fake psychopath trying to be someone they aren't." 

"Did you just call me a... psychopath?"

"I'm saying that people don't like others who are fake. And it doesn't help that you're tryharding to get near them."

"Tell me why you're here in the first place."

"Oh, I wanted to invite you to come to the airport with me. I heard that another group you like is going to be there."

Her expression immediately changes, and it's as if NCT no longer exists. This doesn't make any sense, but I guess I'm glad it's working.

"Really? Oh my goodness, I'm going!"

"You're crazy, Eunhae. You'd to anything just to get near your favorite idols."

"When is the event?"

"Tomorrow, six in the morning. Bring a bag, it's going to be long."

"I'm gonna go prepare now, bye!"

I sigh, shaking my head as she heads into the elevator and the doors close. She's so blinded by her on stupidity that she hasn't even figured out this is the most obvious trap in history.

"Chaemin, is that you?" a voice questions, making me look up.

"Hey, Jisung! What's up?" I respond.

"That was scary," Chenle comments from inside the dorm, behind his best friend.

"Yeah, but I have a plan, don't worry," I grin, still trying to understand Eunhae's mind.

"I know. That was literally the most obvious trap you could've set. You're booking her a flight back to America, aren't you?" Sungchan figures.

"Yeah, and her parents can take it from there," I reply.

"You're a genius," Taeyong compliments, making me blush. I turn around to hide my face.

"I'm gonna get going so this works! Bye!" I rapidly wave and get into the elevator.

"Bye! Thanks, Chaemin!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was kinda rushed sorry, but happy 17 & 18K!!! 💚

After this it's less of the Eunhae and more of the Chaeyong/Taemin, whatever you want to call it (finally)!

Thanks for reading!