Chapter 49

Taeyong's POV

Wow, our manager really doesn't like strangers, does he? Thank god Renjun's dramatic storytelling and me jumping in happened, or else this would have been awkward.

The ride back to the dorm is mostly silent. It would've been less awkward if our manager wasn't acting so cold. I can tell that Chaemin's nervous about his behavior, which is totally understandable.

"I have to stop at the store for food," he informs us, stopping the car about a block away from the dorm.

"We'll just walk back," I suggest, not wanting to have to stay in the car while he goes in for food, especially since he's known for taking a long time with grocery shopping. I also don't want to be near him for much longer.

"Are you both going to the dorm?" he asks, looking at Chaemin with a judging look of disapproval on his face.

"Yeah," I respond, shooting my own glare at him.

"Suit yourself," he shrugs carelessly, shutting the door and sauntering into the grocery store.

"Let's go, that man is giving me annoying vibes today," I suggest, getting out of my side and opening the door for Chaemin.

"Thanks," she smiles as we start walking down the sidewalk. I glance over at her and notice that she's shivering. She probably didn't expect to be walking outside so late in a hoodie. The winter evenings here can be very cold.

"Here, have my jacket," I suggest, taking it off.

"It's not that co-" she protests, attempting to stop me as I drape my jacket over her shoulders anyways.

"Mhm," I hum, not believing her.

"Thanks I guess," she blushes as we enter the building. Cute. Um, what?

"Do you want to stay here for a while?" I ask Chaemin when we arrive. "I mean, if not, we can take you back to your house."

"Sure, I'll stay for a while," she responds, looking distracted.

"Don't mind our manager, he can be really dumb," I assure her, taking a guess at what she's worried about.

"Is it actually okay for me to be here?" she asks doubtfully.

"Of course it is! We all appreciate you being here, you know," I tell her, afraid that she's going to end up leaving. I'll have to talk to manager nim later.

"Okay then, I was just worried about it," she smiles in relief as the elevator doors open and we step out.

"Oh hey, Chaemin! You're here again!" Haechan exclaims excitedly as soon as I open our door. I thought he was practicing with the Dreamies. Oh no.

"Hi, Haechan," she greets him back.

"Haechan, aren't you supposed to be at practice?" I ask.

"It was cancelled," he responds. I sigh. I was hoping to have peace and quiet this afternoon, but I guess not.

"Luckily, everyone else is in their own dorms today," Doyoung informs Chaemin, also coming out of his room followed by Johnny. Wow, nobody ever greets me like this when I come home. The power she holds.

"Ah, I see. Less noise, more peace and quiet," she jokes, laughing quietly.

"Are you wearing Taeyong's jacket?" Haechan notices, a mischievous glint evident in his eyes. I gulp, knowing that I have to stop him before he says something embarrassing.

"Oh, yeah, here," she mumbles, returning my jacket to me, flustered. Haechan opens his mouth to say something annoying, as predicted, but shuts it again when I give him a look.

"So... What shall we do?" I ask, changing the topic.

"What do you guys usually do?" Chaemin questions.

"Practice," is Johnny hyung's one-word response. That English word is pretty familiar.

"Well, I guess we can't be doing that, can we?" I jump in. I'm pretty sure that she already knows we usually just practice, practice, and practice some more.

"I suppose not," Chaemin agrees.

"Oh, you mean what we do at home," Johnny clarifies in embarrassment.

"Um, yeah?" Chaemin laughs.

"I mean, I don't know. Taeyong, what do you usually do?" Doyoung asks, putting me on the spot.

"You know what, let's just leave them here," I suggest, signaling for Chaemin to follow me to my room. 

I don't miss the smirk on Haechan's face, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have no idea how to write romantic things but I'm trying I guess. Any suggestions?

Also tysm for 26 & 27k 💚

Thanks for reading!