Chapter 58

Taeyong's POV

"I don't want to go home," Chaemin whines, falling onto my bed. Cute. I close the door behind us to keep out a certain bothersome child, even though it won't stop him.

"You don't have to go, you know," I respond, collapsing onto the bed next to her. Now that everything is officially over, it's finally sinking in that Chaemin is my girlfriend.

"Wait, really?" she asks, turning towards me with a smile so bright it seems that the whole room lights up.

"Yeah, it's not like you haven't stayed here overnight before," I laugh, referring to the night two weeks ago.

"You're right," she laughs. "I'll text my mom again. She wouldn't stop asking me about my 'sleepover' last time I stayed here."

"What did you say about it?" I ask, discreetly trying to learn about her family's thoughts on me.

"I said it was great and I had a lot of fun. She doesn't know you guys are idols yet. Actually, she doesn't know you're a guy. Actually, she doesn't know you're my boyfriend!" she exclaims in realization.

"That happened literally an hour ago," I remind her.

"You're right. Should I just text her 'I have a boyfriend now' and then leave it at that until tomorrow?" she suggests, eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Wait, no, that'd be a weird first impression!" I exclaim.

"Naw, my mom is really chill, and my dad is more protective, but he doesn't need to know yet," she responds, thumbs moving around. "Sent."

"Wait wait wait, this is such a weird way to break the news to her!" I worry.

"Too late. Anyways, we do things differently around here," Chaemin shrugs, placing her phone face up on the bed.

"Okay then..." I trail off. What a unique girlfriend I have. Chaemin's phone suddenly starts going off with a chain of notifications. I see the contact name "Mom" above all of them.

"Are you... not going to answer?" I ask, eyeing the noisy device.

"No, this is funny," Chaemin insists, turning the ringer off. "Believe it or not, she'll be so hyped up that when you finally meet, she'll think you're the perfect boyfriend no matter what."

"Alright then," I shrug. Not gonna lie, Chaemin's mom seems so chill that I'm barely even worried about meeting her family now.

I toss Chaemin a pair of joggers and a T-shirt. She takes them, disappearing into the bathroom. I decide that it's a good time to pay a visit to Johnny hyung. And Haechan.

"Hi, Chaemin's staying here again tonight," I announce, entering their room after knocking a few times.

"Oh, is she sleeping with us?" Haechan asks.

"No, be quiet," I sigh, shutting the door and returning to my room after stopping by the kitchen to take a sip of water.

After I finish showering, I turn out the lights and lay down next to Chaemin.

I expect it to go just as it did last time, but Chaemin surprises me by inching closer and laying her head on my chest. Her hair smells like my shampoo.

"You're warm," she mumbles. Guess what else is warm? My face.

"You're... cozy?" I reply with an awkward laugh.

"Good enough," she giggles, wrapping her arms around me. I slowly loosen up and hug her back. Feels nice.

I take one of her hands, sliding my thumb over the back of it and drawing small circles out of boredom.

Soon, her soft snores tell me that she's fallen asleep.

I smile as Chaemin's even breaths lull me to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More fluff for you all

Thanks for reading!