32

Gina's POV

I hit the streets with Josh quickly, wanting to get as far away from them as possible. "Mama, why didn't you talk to Uncle Cody?" Josh asks, running to keep up with my quick walk. I slow down to allow him to catch up. "Mama said things to Uncle Cody that he didn't like. Uncle Cody and Mama both behaved like silly people and now they're not talking." My own explanation sounds robotic.

GET A GRIP! Jenna screams in my head. Blow my eardrums out, why don't you? But she's right. I need to get a grip and stop acting like a child. "Well. I guess you both need to apologise to each other," Josh says matter-of-factly. I sigh internally. I'm falling apart. My 5 year old is more rational than I am. "It's not that easy, baby. Mama said and did some mean things, and she and Uncle Cody need time to cool down." Excuses, excuses, excuses.

I'm just making up excuses. I don't want to talk to Cody. You just want to be right, Jenna says. She's completely right. Where was this blunt honesty a few days ago? "No, you don't. Talk to him today," Josh orders. Maybe he's right. I should stop running from my problems. What good did it do in the past? You said you wouldn't compare anything to that. Jenna's worrying about me now.

I'm not, I reply shortly. I take out my phone. "You know what, Joshie? You're right. Mama needs to act her age," I say. I take out my phone and stare at it. Should I really do this? Do it or I'm doing it. Fair enough. I unlock the screen and go to my contacts list. Alright. Here goes nothing. I dial Cody's number.

It starts to ring. And it continues. Right up until the mechanical voices asks me if I want to leave a message. Real mature. That's rich, Jenna snorts. Again, still true. "It's Gina. Look, Cody, I'm sorry. What I did was out of line. Tell Cori I apologise for hitting her. You don't have to call me back, but I just want you to know I'm sorry. Bye," I say into my phone.

I actually feel better. "Did Uncle Cody answer, Mama?" Josh asks. I put my phone back into my pocket. "No. He's still mad at Mama," I reply. I don't blame him. "He's silly," Josh states. I don't reply at all. I'd rather not continue to talk about this.

"Let's talk about other things for a bit, Joshie. How many cats do you see wandering around?" I ask, attempting to distract him from my poor people skills. It works effectively. He starts counting every cat we walk by, leaving me with my own thoughts. Josh doesn't even notice my silence. My thoughts attempt to wander to my past memories, but I don't let them. It's just not my day today, I guess.

"14 cats, Mama! I've counted 14 cats!" Josh says excitedly, snapping me out of my depressing mood. "That's great! Did you see any fat ones?" I ask. Josh considers it for a bit. "Yep. One could barely walk, it was so fat." In spite of my mood, I laugh. Fat cats make everybody laugh. My chest pangs with the laugh. I forgot about that.

I check the time on my phone. It's around 5 in the afternoon. I have no plans on where to stay for the night, so I beeline for the nearest motel. My distraction doesn't last long. My thoughts keep wandering to the biggest lie I've ever heard. Stop it! Jenna yells, successfully side tracking me.

I will, I reply defiantly. I am not going to say anything to anybody about this? "Look, Mama! It's Uncle Cody!" Josh yells, pointing to somebody on the phone. I double check, just in case. I hate that he's right.

This is really not my day.

___________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late publishing! I got involved in a manga. I'm not telling you guys which one, so you can't spoil it.

Confrontation next, huh? Haha, I add to much drama in. Maybe I should tag this drama... Yep. That's happening.

Vote! Follow! Comment!

W.L.W