25

Gina's POV

The triplets are outside with Cody and I. I relay the entire story to Cody. "Oh goddess. That pyscho escaped!" He says. I also catch a string of muttered profanities in old wolf. For once, I choose not to comment on them. I take a quick glance at all of them to make sure they're safe. They are, but Klara is pretty much covered head to toe in mud.

"Come here, Klary. How did you get all covered in mud?" I ask, grabbing her and picking her up. "I dunno," she replies and shrugs. I take her into the house to get cleaned up. Deep inside me, something feels off. A little voice in the back of my mind, not Jenna's, tells me to stay outside. I dismiss it from my mind and keep heading up to my apartment.

I recently started to get most of those paranoid thoughts. Perhaps it tied in with reading the letter. While I want to read it again, just in case I missed a code or something, I had shredded it an hour after I received it. My thoughts are distracted with the prospect of cleaning Klara up and the voice in the back of my mind is ignored.

___________________________________________________________________________

[Bet you thought I was gonna end it! Haha.]

Nick's POV

The woods on ColdLight territory provide such great cover. I observe Gina and my children playing in the little yard near their pack house. Today the slipped up on the borders, and here I am. I glare daggers at the man Gina is near, with whom she talks and hits playfully. My eyes catch the wedding ring on her finger.

My anger is fueled even more. She's married? No! That can't be! It isn't, dips*it, Ellis snarls in my mind. I silence him quickly. But he is right, she can't be married. Their scents don't intertwine. Gina and the little girl head back up into the pack house. Only two boys and the man are left.

The boys look exactly alike. I'm here to get the future Alpha of my pack, but I don't know which one is which. And they stay so close to each other that the Alpha power swirls around both of them. One little boy slips and falls, and the man goes to check up on him. The other little boy is unguarded for a moment. My chance! I grab his arm and clamp my hand over his mouth before he can scream.

I pick him up and sprint back into the woods, heading for the territory line. I cross quickly and soon I'm heading back to WhiteMoon turf. The little boy writhes in my arms and is almost impossible to hold onto. He bites my hand several times, but the adrenaline rush of me escaping overshadows the pain. I cross over the nearest territory I'm friendly with. A Rogue one.

I put the boy down and take one of his hands. "If you scream, I'll make you wish you were never born," I threaten so only he can hear. He clamps his mouth shut as tears I never noticed fall down his face. I wipe them away with a tissue before I even notice what I'm doing. I throw it away and drag him along into the airport.

I make it just in time for my flight back to my pack. The mental institution arranged a visit home for today, and the plane is prepped and ready to go. We board easily and soon we are both buckled into our seats. I take a good look at the little boy. His eyes intrigue me the most. A vibrant green with little black dots in them. He looks a lot like Gina.

His behavior puzzles me. He didn't try to fight me as much as he should have. Odd. I emerge from my thoughts to see the glazed look in his eyes. He can't be mindlinking! He looks to be about 5 or 6. There is no way he knows how to do that! Unless, he's the future Alpha. The glazing in his eyes has disappeared, replaced by normal fear. "I want my Mama," he whispers.

"Your Mama said this was okay, kid." I attempt to plant the lie in his head. He glares daggers at me and scoots away as much as possible. Clearly it didn't work. I hate you so much right now! I wish I wasn't in your body! Ellis screams. Let me out! I can release him from my body, but I choose not to. Being human is boring. Animals have all the fun.

So do psychopaths! Oh, excuse me. I meant sociopaths! Ellis snips. The comment stops my thoughts cold. He thinks I'm a sociopath? Don't think. Know, he replies. I'm getting you for this! The threat does not scare me at all. What scares me is my lack of guilt. Oh, wait.

___________________________________________________________________________

Oh Lord. S*it just went down. *Runs from angry readers and hides at top of tree, praying none have a torch*

So, was anybody expecting that? [Besides shirose. You helped me brainstorm this.]

I'm not going to die, am I?

Of course you're not gonna kill me. I have to resolve this mess first. Haha.

Vote! Follow! Comment!

W.L.W