Epilogue

(One year later...)

Gina's POV

I gasp. Is this actually true? "You mean...Nick is dead?" I ask again, completely surprised. The person on the other end of the phone confirms it. "Yes. Nicholas Caine was sentenced to death by lethal injection on Tuesday." I still can't believe that he's dead. The person on the other end of the phone clicks off.

I hang up and set my phone down on the table. He's really gone. He's never going to come after the kids or I. Never again. I feel my facing breaking into a grin. He's gone! Cody let's himself into my apartment with Karin. She runs and gives me a huge hug. "Aunt Gina!" She shouts.

I hug her back. Nick's dead I mouth to Cody over Karin's shoulder. He looks just as surprised as I am. Karin lets go and looks around. "Why are you so happy?" She asks. I compose myself. How can I explain this to her without telling her? Goddess. "A very bad man is passed away, sweetie. A man Aunt Gina and Daddy disliked."

Disliked very much. Especially after he shot me in the chest. "Oh," she replies. She has no idea who we're talking about. Good. The triplets run into the room and hug Karin. I still haven't told them of their relation to her. Maybe when they're older.

It may just be my imagination, by the sky outside the window is a little bluer. The colours also seem more vibrant. Is it a sign? Jenna asks. I shrug internally. Who knows? I reply. I shift my attention away from the window. The kids are already wrestling with each other. I turn my back for five seconds, I swear.

"No biting and no headshots, remember," I say. It's important for them to get their energy out now before they destroy my house. They all know the consequences for headshots and biting. I don't think they'll risk it. I sigh, looking at the scene of normalcy in front of me.

Normal. That's a word I hadn't know for a long time. And to think, my problems stemmed from one even all those years ago. I have three beautiful children because of it. I'm grateful. It happened and I chose to accept it. Now, everything's fine. Normal. No crazy exes, no crazy pyros, and no stalkerish females. Normal.

The kids are all laying on the floor, obviously tired. That's normal too. Everything's good now. I can finally get on with my life and stop dwelling on the past. Like you're doing now? Jenna asks, teasing me. I roll my eyes. Normal. Yes, I reply. I see all the kids have fallen asleep on the floor. I pull a blanket over them all.

Normal. Everything is normal. For once, I'm grateful for the predictability.

___________________________________________________________________________

*Cries* H-H-Happy Friiiday! *Stops* Shlit. You can see me.

I don't know about everybody else, but I'm sad it's over. It's going to be weird not writing chapters for this book. I'll actually miss it, no matter how much stress it caused me.

Thank you all so much for reading, voting, following and commenting! I'm forever happy that you decided to read my book. I have other works that I'll be working on as well.

This is the end, my friends.

Sayonara!

-Wish_Luna_Wolf

Vote! Follow! Comment!

Holler at me:

Twitter: WishLunaWolf

Tumblr: Wish-Luna-Wolf

You're rejecting me? Too bad I'm PregnantOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara