16

Gina's POV

I laugh as I watch Molly twirl Joey around in the air. He's quite small for a four year old. Honestly, if I didn't know better, I would mistake him for a two year old. "Having a happy family reunion, Molly?" I ask. She twirls her brother around one more time before answering me. "Honestly, yes. I missed him so much!" She replies.

No wonder. Stop with this mushy stuff, please! Can we go now? Jenna whines. In my head I can see her pouting like a young child.
Oh shush. I chastise. She stops off deep into the recesses of my mind, muttering obscenities I've never heard before.

"Molly, I think your brother is hungry. Can you handle that by yourself?" I ask. Molly takes a look at him. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Thanks again, Gina," she replies. I smile I didn't know I had grew bigger on my face. "Happy to help," I say. I turn back and head up the stairs to my little apartment. I open the door casually and try to keep from gasping.

My kids are sleeping on the floor, all piled up on top of each other. The couch cushions are in different corners of the room and I think I see a bite taken out of one. Cody looks exhausted. "Good Lord," I mutter. I move a little closer. Yep. The boys are sound asleep. "Cody, you didn't give them sugar by any chance, did you?" I ask. Cody looks extremely embarrassed. He starts wringing his hands, a habit I know he does when he gets nervous.

"Uhhhhh...Maybe?" He answers. I feel super angry for a second, then I start giggling uncontrollably. Cody looks at me like I lost my mind. "G, you okay?" He asks. I regain my composure easily. An empty red freezie wrapper catches my eye. And another. And another. And another. Aha.

"Red dye makes the boys hyperactive," he states. I know that. I give him a ya think? look. "Who a bite out of the couch?" I ask. Cody looks around, confused until he spots the cushion. "Uh, I'm pretty sure that was Nate," he answers. My phone goes off with a reminder to pick Klara up from the hospital.

"You pick up Klara and I clean up?" I offer, knowing Cody is helpless when it comes to cleaning. "Deal," he says as I pass him my car keys. He leaves quickly and I put my little boys to bed. I clean up and have the place looking a lot better within a half hour. Mom magic.

Cody brings Klara in the door just then. "Hi munchkin!" I chirp and I pluck her from Cody. "Klara no munchkin. Klara is Klara," she replies. Apparently she got smarter during the coma. She starts giggling at me. More like something behind me. I turn and see the boys come racing out of their room like bullets. "Unsle Cody, more freezes?" Josh asks. Then he notices me and puts on his best I'm innocent! face.

Cody looks at me sheepishly. "No more guys," he replies. Nate notices Klara in my arms. "Sissy!" He yells at the top of his lungs. I put her down before I get mobbed. The boys smother her in bear hugs. Well, before she pushes both of them off. "Purple pace! Purple pace!" She yells. I assume she means "personal space" so I start laughing. My little girl is quite the comedian.

___________________________________________________________________________

I'm back! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me! I know I kept this book on hold for a long time, but I'm taking it off of hold. Yay! And I'll bee updating regularly too. Schedule is to the right if you're on a computer and up at the top if you're on a mobile device.

Again, I apologize for leaving it on hold for so long, so the chapter is longer. We see a different side of Gina. We all have to remember that she's 18 and not quite all grown up yet. Haha I bet you didn't believe she's 18. Haha. She is.

Vote! Follow! Comment!

W.L.W