11

Gina's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep. The harsh beeping of the machines brings me back. The white light is harsh on my eyes but I refuse to close them. I let out a noise that sounds like a baby T-Rex. My lungs feel kind of heavy and tight, making it hard to breathe. Well, that explains the oxygen mask, Jenna says wearily. It's true. The mask supplies me with fresh and pure oxygen.

My head aches and I wonder where Klara is. Klara! My maternal senses go on alert. Where is she? The nurse wanders in to check on me. When she sees me struggling to try and unplug this, she tries to sedate me! I place my right hand on the base of the IV needle in my left hand. "Try it and I'll pull it out. I can promise you that," I threaten hoarsely. She drops the sedatives.

She rushes out, and I relax. Jenna? Are you almost done the healing process? I ask her. It's a legitimate question, and I want to go to Pediatrics. Five minutes, She answers. What a relief! The five minutes I have to wait is agony. Finally, it's done. I pull off the oxygen mask, painfully take out the IV, and detach myself from all machines. I put my electrodes on the comatose person in the bed next to me, just so the doctors don't get suspicious.

I place both my feet on the ground and stand. "Woah," I mutter as stars zoom through my eyesight. It doesn't last long, but I'm already taking steps. I notice something. They didn't change me into a hospital gown! I'm still wearing my clothes, but they have been laundered. Eww, creepy. I pull the hood of my sweater up and slouch forward to hide my face.

I remember Pediatrics is on the their floor so I take the stairs up. I immediately head for the ICU. Klara would be in there, I bet. I peer through the doorway, looking for her face. Finally, I see it. She's surrounded by machines and if I hadn't seen the little mountain like lines, I would've thought she was dead. I walked in and took her hand in mine.

"Mommy's here, Klary, and she loves you," I whispered. Her fingers tightened around mine. It was like she could hear me. She probably can, dumbo, I internally scold myself. I put my other hand in my pocket and it closes around something soft. I pull it out. Klara's stuffed cat that I won her from a claw machine. I take my hand out of hers and place the cat in it.

It automatically snuggles to her side as she pulls it in. I hear nurses coming this way so I blow Klara a quick kiss before I dart out. I take the back stairs back to my floor and sneak back into my room. I pull my hood down and reattach everything painfully. I have just put the oxygen mask back on and laid back down on my bed with my eyes open when the doctor comes back in.

He removes my oxygen mask and asks "Can you hear me, Gina?" I nod. He checks my vital signs and gives me a checkup while I begrudgingly obey him. "Is Klara Violetta Kirke your daughter, Gina?" Doc asks out of the blue. My eyes widen. "Yea why?" I answer quietly. He checks some sort of clipboard before speaking. I fear the worst. I just saw her fifteen minutes ago! She isn't dead, is she? I should never have brought the kids to that meeting.

"Well, Good news and bad news. Good news is, She's alive, responding, and recovering. Bad news is, she's in a coma." The doctor says. My heart feels like it's been squeezed. In a coma? Who did this to my innocent little Klara?

_____________________________________________________________________

Bad news, huh? Poor little Klara! :'(  *Sniffles and wipes a tear* Er, uh, I wasn't crying. :-$ Awkward. On with the Author's note! There are three huge questions. I will list them here!

1. How has Nick been setting landmines on territory without being detected?

2. Who set the fire?

3. Who planted Klara in the play center, since she's too small and young to get up on her own?

Comment answers if you have a guess! The person/ People who get one or more right, gets a dedication!

Vote! Follow! Comment!