26

Gina's POV

I come back outside with a clean Klara. Only this time, it's different than when I left. "Where's Josh?" I ask Cody. I catch the sickening familiar scent of...no...it can't be. "You know," Cody replies. I feel the familiar feeling of rage boiling in my chest. My vision starts to go red. He took my baby. That sadistic and mentally unstable pit viper took my baby.

"I'll kill him. I'll make sure it's slow and painful. Such an awaful being does not deserve to be alive," I say in old wolf. Cody looks a little scared. I even sacred Cody with that threat. "Gina, calm down. I know it'll be hard, but you can't go after him in this state." His words actually do calm me down. My head clears and I can think normally again.

"Mommy, I saw the man who took Joshie. He smelled like you a little bit and another person. Do you know him?" Nate asks. I feel an unpleasant swell in my chest. I can't tell him the truth, can I? No. I can't. "Not anymore, baby. Now, let's get inside the pack house. You and Klary can go have a sleepover with Joey Breton!"

Thankfully, they had become great friends. And Molly was pretty close with Klara too.  I put Klara down and pull out my phone. I dial the Breton's home number. Theresa picks up. I explain the situation to her quickly. "I understand. We would be happy to have them for a couple of days. Just go get your baby back, G," Theresa replies.

Klara and Nate pack quickly. Soon, I've dropped them off at the Breton's. Neither of them know what I'm about to do. I head back up to my apartment. Soon, Cody knocks on the door. "Come on in," I reply, my eyes glued to my computer screen. Cody wanders in. "Can I come with you?" His question strikes me suddenly. "What? Why?" I ask.

"I can't explain it, but I feel like some things drawing me to there. It's like I have to go," he replies. He seems completely spaced out and is actually odder than usual. I purchase two one way plane tickets to WhiteMoon territory. "Sure. Tickets are printing." The second the sentence leaves my mouth, the tickets pop out. "We leave tomorrow," I reply. It's going to be an eventful day tomorrow.

___________________________________________________________________________

Nick's POV

I stare at the child sitting as far away from me as possible. "So. What's your name?" I ask. He glares skeptically at me. His Alpha behavior is odd. He's not reacting like I expect him too. "Mama says not to tell strangers my name," he replies. It takes me a second to place it. He's mocking me!

"You little brat," I mutter under my breath. He glares at me again. This time it shows a bit of loathing, and it honestly freaks me out. "It's not nice to call people names," he replies. He is still reacting unexpectedly. What is this kid's deal? He is one weird Alpha child. "Where's my Mama? I don't like you," he says. Wow.

"Didn't your Mama teach you manners?" I reply without thinking. The child makes a little snorting sound. "Didn't your Mama teach you it's wrong to kidnap people?" He replies. My jaw drops. This child has the nerve to insult me? Who does he think he is? I notice the glazed look in his eyes. He seems to be attempting to mind link. He can't be!

He unbuckles his seat belt and moves to a different seat on the other side of the plane, as far away from me as possible. "I don't like you. I want my Mama. Where is she?" He asks. I turn in my seat to look at him. His face is completely neutral. "Your Mama said this was okay, buddy," I reply softly. He sends another harsh glare my way.  If looks could kill, I would be dead.

"I don't believe you. And don't call me buddy," he says in a calm tone. I try to sense his Alpha anger, but there is nothing. Not one trace. What's going on here?

___________________________________________________________________________

I just want to kill off Nick. Maybe I should. And no, you still can't shoot me. I still need to resolve this all.

A crazy drama fest ahead, folks. I'll skip to about the afternoon of the tomorrow in the book for the next chapter. Can you say confrontation?

Did you think Nick will ever figure out he's got the wrong kid, is he was looking for an Alpha?

Nah!

Vote! Follow! Comment!

W.L.W