9

A/N: Dedicated to @Swagy_turtle I have seen 2 very encouraging comments from you and I appreciate them! Thanks!

Gina's POV

"G, wake up! G!" I hear Cody's voice say. I yawn and open my eyes. We're here. Oh Moon Goddess. "We're here already?" I drowsily ask, even though I already know the answer. "Yep. Help me get them out of the car," Cody says. I unbuckle my seatbelt and help Cody get The Triplets out of the van. I take Klara's hand and she sticks close to me. Cody takes the hands of Nate and Josh and Jerome leads the way.

My heart pounds. Will Nick try and take Nate? I hope not. I pray silently. Please no, Please, Please no. We go through the doors and head to the conference room. When we get to the room, it looks more like a little kid dreamland. Cody and I were about to let the kids go play when I saw him out of the corner of my eye. Nick, his new mate, and a girl who looked like his daughter were standing at the entrance directly across from us.

They come over and I stiffen. I push Klara, Nate, and Josh behind me as Cody stands next to me. "So that's Nick," he whispers to me out of the corner of his mouth. "Yep. That's Nick," I whisper back, also out of the corner of my mouth. Jerome and Nick shake hands. "Alpha Nick," Jerome says politely. "Alpha Jerome," Nick exchanges, just as politely.

Nick turns to me. "So Gina, which one of those three kids is mine?" he asks. Jenna and I snap. He just called me a sl*t!! "YOU NO-GOOD- DIRTY-ROTTEN PIT VIPER!!!" I screech. I launch at him, prepared literally gouge his eyeballs out. Cody grabs both of my arms and wrenches them behind my back. "Gina! Calm down. We'll deal with him later. Don't let the kids hear what he says," Cody mutters in my ear.

I stop wriggling and Cody lets go of my arms. I usher my kids away to the toddler play part. They go right ahead. I take a glance at his daughter. That was supposed to be us standing next to him. That was supposed to be our d-d-dau-daughter, Jenna says sadly. It's true. Nick and I were meant to be. I turn away and head to the conference table with Cody next to me.

The meeting starts and I take a glance at a map Nick has pinned under his arm. There are little black drawings around what looks like.....My Territory?!?!?! I eye it a little more. Landmines. I check the perimeters. Yes, it is ColdLight territory. "Gina, would you like to tell the rest of us just what you happen to be staring at?" Head Alpha Steven asks in an annoyed tone. "Yes," I answer.

I lean forwards and wrench the little map from under Nick's arm. He looks surprised, angry, and a little fearful. I pass it to Head Alpha Steven. "Alpha Nicholas Caine has landmined the ColdLight pack's territory. Judging by the time scrawled in the corner, they're set to go off at 9 p.m, midway through the first patrol shift!" Steven reads out. I cross my arms and look accusingly at Nick. He gulps and looks awkward. "So that's how you climbed back up in the standings. Treason," I say unhappily.

"You know what Nick? You were a much nicer guy before you started wh0ring around, fully mated," I say maliciously. Revenge is a dish best served cold, after all.

_____________________________________________________________________

What has Nick been up to? And how has he set all the mines without being detected? Comment your guess. First reader to get it right gets a dedication and a shoutout!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!