5

(Time skip one year later. Gina's been busy!)

Gina's POV

"Come to Mommy, Nate!" I say in an encouraging manner as Nate steps towards me, unsupported. In one hand, my phone takes a recording of Nate taking his first steps. He walks right into my free arm and collapses. I turn off the recording. "Good Job!" I say as I kiss him on the forehead. Nate was the first to walk, but Josh had talked first. Klara still hasn't said a word.

The door opens and Cody wanders in. "Daddy," Klara says. I wouldn't believe she had talked if I hadn't seen her lips move. What had she just said? Daddy. Pup's first word is Daddy, Jenna says, obviously hurt. Cody stands stock still. The look on his face asks, Did she just? I nod, biting my lip. She did. "Klary, that's Uncle Cody. Not Daddy," I say, slightly hurt. "Unsle?" she asks. I nod yes.

My watch goes off. "I got them. Go off for training, Warrior Mommy," Cody says. I nod and rush out, heading to training. The instructor sees me as an advanced pupil, and I have a knack for this. While others are doing basic endurance training, I do advanced circuits. While they do basic circuits, I do advanced endurance training. Back and forth it alternates for three hours. By the time I'm done, I'm dripping with sweat and starving.

When I open the door to my little apartment, I see Cody feeding them. "Ice cream!" I shout. Josh turns to me, his cheeks full of it. I march over to Cody, who gulps nervously. "What did they have before ice cream?" I ask. Cody relaxes and tells me cheese sandwiches and veggies, what they normally have for lunch on Tuesdays, aka today. I relax too. "Okay, good," I say.

My cell rings and I pull it out. 'ALPHA' is appearing for caller ID. I frown. Jerome hasn't had to call me in over 6 months. "Yes?" I ask as I answer it. I know this can't be good. "Gina? Yeah. I have something to tell you, brace yourself," he says. Without waiting for my answer he continues. "ColdMist is having another pack collide with it," he says carefully, as if trying to keep my calm.

"Yeah? So what? Where does this concern me?" I ask. There's a sharp intake of breath. I fear the response. "The pack colliding with them is WhiteMoon. And you know how ColdMist is the next territory over," Jerome rushes. I hang up and mutter a slew of colorful words in old wolf language. Cody and I, who spent hours reading history books when we were younger, are fluent in this language. Cody hands me a as  bar of soap.

"To wash your mouth out," he clarifies. I laugh in spite of myself and put the soap back. Then, I start to wonder what I'm going to do.

_____________________________________________________________________

Nick's POV

"Karin! Don't eat that!" I say as my 9 month old daughter, Karin, takes a bite of a leaf from a ficus. She spits it out, evidently disgusted by the taste. "Let's find Mommy," I say as I pick her up. She giggles and her coal black eyes, like mine, widen. I wander into the kitchen, where my Luna is cooking. She sees us coming and sets down the spoon of the pot she was stirring.

As much as I love Cori, she was responsible for our pack getting weaker. She demanded we organize irregular training sessions, and those had caused the fighters to be weak. We dropped from 2nd strongest in North America to 18th strongest. Problem was there was only 20 packs in North America.

"Hey babe. Somebody wanted to see you," I say as Karin claps her hands. I hand Karin off to Cori and remember about my paperwork. I rush to my home office and plunk myself down in the chair. I pull up a piece of paper. I had asked for the name of the strongest warrior from all four Cold packs. ColdWater, ColdMist, ColdLight, and ColdMoon. I read the names.

ColdWater: Francis Gross

ColdMist: Bruce Oak

ColdLight: Cody Cameron & G

ColdMoon: Peter Strong

Wait? ColdLight has two strongest warriors? Who the h3ll are Cody Cameron and G? Oh, wait! Gina had the nickname of G! Could it be Ellis's Gina? Humph, he says angrily. It may be her, I just hope so. She has the heir to my pack, the one that can save us. I'll probably have to kidnap the kid. Gina wouldn't mind, would she? I mean she loves me. No, Jenna loves me! Ellis exclaims.

Who the f*** is Jenna? I ask.

Oh Lordy, never mind. He answers. Who is Jenna?

______________________________________________________________________

What happens next? Haha!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!