6

Gina's POV

I pace back and forth in my bedroom. It's three a.m. and I gave up trying to sleep. The possibility that I might see Nick again hurts. I don't want to see him again. If I must see him, I just want to talk to Ellis, Nick's wolf. Ellis is a sweetie. And it stinks that he was trapped inside such and ignorant manwh0re as a human.

As much as I want Ellis, stop thinking about him, please, Jenna says sadly. I hear Klara crying in her room and rush to her. Klara has a room to herself while Nate and Josh have to share one. I dash inside and Klara reaches her arms out to me. I pick her up and rock her gently. I listen carefully to her cries. Nope. All goo- Wait! Klara's cries pitch higher slightly. So slightly that a human wouldn't be able to hear it.

Pain. Klara is in pain. I put my hand on her belly and sigh. Colic. I take her to the bathroom and fill the sink with warm water. I fill a baby bottle with water and give it to her. I carefully undress her and set her in the water. She stops crying and I dry her tears. "It's okay Klary. Mommy's here. It's okay," I soothe, rubbing her stomach.

Klara finishes the water and looks up at me. I take it from her, not wanting her to choke. I dry her off and dress her, pulling the plug in the sink. My thoughts are still haunted with images of Nick, and I hope the fatherly connection is blocked. He probably knows I had a baby, Nick happened to be surprisingly smart. But all he knows is I had one. Not three. Still, he'll try and take Nate.

He won't. Ellis tells me Nick mated Cori and they have a ch-child together, Jenna whines. She chokes up on the word child. He moved on that quickly? It hurts. It really hurts. And since he didn't break the bond correctly, I have a dull and constant ache in my heart. My mating mark had disappeared and the spot was marked out with a black X.

Too late. If all goes well, we shouldn't have to see him again, I say, trying to cheer poor Jenna up. She blocks our connection and goes off somewhere in my mind to cry. Not that I blame her. I realize I'm standing in the bathroom, holding a sleeping Klara. I walk back to her room and set her in her crib. "I'm sorry, Klara, your Daddy's a jerk," I whisper. She can't possibly hear or understand me, but it feels better to say it out loud.

I'm probably stronger than Nick anyways. And an angry mother wolf h3ll bent on destroying you isn't that pleasant.

_____________________________________________________________________

This is the last chappie for a bit cuz I'm putting this book on hold. See my profile for details.

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!