Diamonds

Yay, I'm updating. There's a video above or to the side to show the type of workout equipment I'm talking about in this chapter, that's designed to simulate buildings and all that. The gym at Wayne Manor isn't exactly like the one Stephen Amell is working out in, as it has more machines and weights. It does have a salmon ladder, for those who don't know, that's the cool pull-up thing Stephen does in the video. In the chapter someone jumps off the wooden thing Stephen is climbing on and rolls onto a mat. Sorry about all the pop-ups in the video. If you don't have them, great! :)

Fun fact: the guy in the video, Stephen Amell, is the guy who plays Green Arrow, in case you didn't know. Anyway, enough rambling.

-TAAF_

@&$@&$@&$@&$@&$@&$@&$@

Scarlett's POV

Dick asked me to come over earlier than everyone else, so we could hang out for the day and then I could get ready at Wayne Manor. Alfred opened the door for me, and I stepped in, always happy to see their butler.
"Lovely to see you Miss Donovan." Alfred took my coat, as he usually did, and at this point, I'd learned not not protest, because I knew he took his job very seriously even though it was the twenty-first century.
"You too, Alfred!"
"Master Dick is in the gym." Alfred told me. "May I take your things?" He gestured to my dress that was on a hanger in a bag, and another bag with presents, my makeup, hair supplies and shoes.
"Thank you." I said as I handed them to him, smiling.

After I took off my shoes, I made my way down to their gym, walking into the large, spacious room. Dick immediately caught my eye. He was working out on two rings hanging from the ceiling, holding his toned body perfectly still, shirtless. Seeing his bare chest made my heart flutter a little bit, but I ignored it and approached him.
"Hey Scar." He grunted, not looking up, obviously focused, the veins in his neck and arms bulging.
"Hey." I blinked, my eyes glued to his body. He was what people would call "ripped" or "jacked" because he was so muscular.
"Wanna try?" He smirked as he dropped to the floor, landing perfectly. I looked at the rings, considering it.
"No." I replied, looking over at the rest of the equipment.

I would wager they had everything to do with working out, in that gym. "What else could I do?" Dick glanced around, his blue eyes twinkling deviously. "Uh oh-- what are you thinking?"
"Nothing! Do you know how to front roll? Like this-" Dick suddenly dove forward, rolling smoothly before getting up and continuing running. He jumped up onto this massive structure, using the corners. The structure went around the perimeter of the gym, a climbing wall on one side. Dick kept running along the top of the wooden thing, leaping off of it, making my heart stop, as it was a huge jump. If he fell, he would really hurt himself. I let out a sigh of relief when he landed and rolled onto the squishy mat safely. "Think you could do that?" I blinked, noticing I was staring at his chest.

"I can't focus on anything until you put a shirt on." I thought, and Dick looked at me funny, grinning.
"What was that?"
"What?" I blushed, my heartbeat quickening, realizing I may have said that out loud.
"You can't focus...?"
"Nothing!" I snapped, my face warm. Feeling a sudden desire to prove I could do what Dick did, I took a run at the wooden thing, using all my strength to jump up on top of it, so pleased when I did. "See, I can do it!"
"Don't die." He retaliated jokingly.
"I'll try not to." I replied, running along, before jumping as hard as I could off the ledge, rolling successfully onto the mat. Once I was back on my feet, I turned to Dick, smirking.

"Damn. You're good." Dick gasped, running both hands through his hair, clearly flexing. I rolled my eyes and couldn't help but grin.
"So what are we gonna do till the party?" I wondered aloud.
"Come with me." Dick said simply, grabbing his heather-grey t-shirt from off the box-jump, pulling it over his head. I followed him out of the room, and up the stairs to the main floor. "I have to get yours from upstairs, but I thought we could one presents?"
"Yeah, sure!" I exclaimed. "I just have to find it first, Alfred put it my bag somewhere."
"He probably put it in the guest bedroom near my room. C'mon, let's go check." I ran after him as he ascended the stairs to the floor his bedroom was on. "This is my favourite guest room." Dick said as he opened the door for me, and I stepped inside, gasping.

The space was, like the rest of the house, absolutely gorgeous, looking like it belonged in a castle. I suppose, in a way, Wayne Manor was a modern day castle for the royals of Gotham City. The bed was large, with a white comforter and pillows with gold coloured trim, and there was a fireplace.
"How many fireplaces are in this house?" I laughed, seeing my bag on the bed, my dress in its bag on the back of the door I assumed led to the ensuite bathroom.
"A lot." I snorted, going over to my bag to fish out Dick's present, wrapped in it's box. "Is that your dress?" He asked, glancing at it.
"Yeah."
"Can I see it?"
"Ch-no!" I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "Do you have my present?"

"It's upstairs, under the Christmas tree."
"Okay, but I saw a Christmas tree in the foyer..."
"There's another one in this really cool room upstairs."
"Okay..." I trailed off, curious as I followed him. We went up another flight of stairs, to the last floor, I was pretty sure. After walking down the hallway and up a few steps, Dick opened a glass door at the end for me. When I stepped inside, I gasped, seeing the small room was made entirely of glass, or so it seemed. "Oh my-- is it safe to walk in there?"
"Yes." Dick laughed, ushering me inside. Other than a few metal supports, the floor was glass, as well. Nestled in the corner, there was a small little Christmas tree, with a few wrapped presents under it. Dick gestured for me to have a seat on the couch, up against the only opaque wall.

"This is so cool." I murmured, gazing out into the setting sun, my heart fluttering, sitting down on the couch. It was surreal, being in a room, standing on a solid floor, but being able to see three storeys below, and the snowy world around you. Dick bent over, picking up a small box from under the miniature tree, waltzing back to sit next to me.
"Alright." Dick sighed, grinning. "You first."
"Okay." I set his present on his lap, a hopeful smile on my face. Dick looked down, beginning to open it. I tensed my muscles in anticipation as he took all the wrapping off, opening the box that held his watch. His bright blue eyes widened at the sight of the gift.
"Oh my G-God--" the handsome boy gasped, grinning. "I love it!" Dick declared, pulling it gently out of the box, fastening it on his left wrist.

I smirked, pleased with my choice. The silver watch looked really good on him.
"Now you open yours." Dick instructed eagerly, watching me intently. I smiled, beginning to unwrap the box. I chuckled nervously when I saw that it was a necklace box of some sort, the outside a soft, blue velvet. Tentatively, I opened it, gasping loudly when I saw what was in the box.
"Do you like it?" Dick asked, and I looked at him like he was insane, because he was. He'd gotten me the most beautiful diamond cross necklace I'd ever seen in my entire life.
"Is this real?!" I demanded, still in a state of shock.
"You said you wanted diamonds." I laughed, tearing up a little. "Here, let me put it on."

Dick took the delicate chain in his hands, unclasping it before putting it around my neck, smiling.
"This is so crazy, thank you!" I cried, flinging my arms around his muscular frame. I took a breath, inhaling his comforting scent, grinning into his shoulder.
"Merry Christmas, Scarlett." Dick whispered in my ear, and I pulled away, looking into his eyes.
"Merry Christmas." I repeated, and he let out a breathy laugh.
"Okay, so--" Dick coughed, running his hand through his hair. "Will you go to this party with me? As my date." He clarified, and I smirked, glad he asked.
"Hell yeah."

{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}

Does that count as a cliff-hanger? Lol sorry (not really :P) Next chapter is about the party. I like how the writers of my favourite TV show give "dialogue teases" for the next episode so I'm gonna start doing that for fun. If you want to guess who says it, go for it in the comments.

"I know, I don't know, maybe they are working together."

-TAAF_