Fireproof

Surprise, surprise. Look who's updated.

Y'all can thank whomever decided to make today "Batman Day", because I was not going to publish today had I not been motivated by that.

I've taken a long break, I know. Don't give up, because I'm not, though I am experiencing some lack of motivation.

Perhaps it's because I haven't had comments from all you lovelies in so long. :D

I'm being really honest, your feedback helps everybody: me in my writing, and you who want me to update faster.

This chapter is hot off the press, and I hope you enjoy!

- TAAF_

PS: I recommend playing the song (Imagine Dragons' 'I'm So Sorry') when Dick's picking a playlist to listen to. I really, really encourage listening, this song is literally perfect for this chapter.

•=+*•=+*•=+*•=+*•=+*•=+*•=+*•

Scarlett's POV

   I sat and watched my boyfriend sleep on my floor, flat on his stomach like a small child, looking quite happy, quite the contrast from the last while, Clove curled up by his side. It'd been three days since we found out about each other, and since Dick was attacked.

I tried to wake him the morning after that, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, or the day after that.

We basically had spent the last few days holed up in my apartment, verbally roasting terrible movies, Dick getting quite passionate at more than one point, whilst eating nothing but junk food.

Neither of us were communicating about what's happened or doing anything about it. It wasn't really my intention to keep it bottled up, I knew it wasn't good to do so, but I was really struggling to bring it up. I didn't know what to say, ever.

I mean, what was there to say, or do?

My boyfriend got choked by his surrogate daddy. He came to my house to stay because what happened sucked. He's pissed off and won't talk about it.

I felt quite conflicted about waking him up for school that morning, yet again. Most of me really didn't want to, but the rest of me kinda did, I knew it was time to get back. I was under so much stress after what had happened and I was still dealing with residual shock, and a distraction from the elephant in the room would be nice.

Literally the only person to whom I could speak was Dick, because no one else knew anything, and we didn't even do that. It was then that I decided to wake him up and talk to him, so that way we could figure something out together. I got up from my bed and sat down on the floor next to him, shaking his shoulder lightly.

   "Hey," I whispered, watching as he rolled onto his side facing me, one of his blue eyes popping open.

"Hi."

"Do you want to go to school today?"

Dick kinda stared at me for a minute, drawing a great sigh.

"No, but I suppose we should." He huffed, sitting up. "Hey, d'you know when we'll hear back about University application?"

"It's in like, April or something." I responded, running my hand through my hair.

"Right." Dick replied shortly, getting up to his feet. After a quick glance at his watch, the watch I gave him, he rolled his eyes. "We only have half an hour."

   "I know." I said, a little surprised by his sharp tone. "It'll be fine. Hm-- what do you want for breakfast?"

"Um, I don't want anything. Here, I'll take Clove out, you eat, then we'll go."