Blood

Well, I'm back everyone! But I'm leaving again for two weeks tomorrow.

Sorry.

Also, start playing the song now if you want. :D

-TAAF_

¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥

Dick's POV

PAP! PAP! PAP!

When the three bullets left the chamber of the pistol the robber had pointed at me, I had little time to react before I felt them rip through my chest, knocking me backwards. I felt more searing agony tear through my body then I ever had before, as I collapsed on the freezing cold floor. Feeling my own blood soak my hands told me I was in trouble.

It was difficult to think of anything besides the pain, but I was aware enough to immediately start panicking, fear flooding my body. I'd been shot before, in the shoulders, calf, and side, but it had never been this bad. My suit was made of a flexible and 'smart' armour that defended against gunshots at long range, but close-up it clearly didn't work.

Obviously, one of the bullets had punctured one of my lungs, because I could feel the warm, salty liquid that was my blood fill my throat, that causing my panic level to rise like the ocean at high-tide.

I couldn't breathe with all the blood in the way, so in a last ditch effort to stay alive, I wrenched onto my side and tried my best to cough up as much blood as I could, but I could feel the fluid I was trying to drain quickly being replaced.

This is it. I'm going down. I thought bitterly, closing my eyes and fighting to keep thinking about Scarlett. The thought of her seemed to help a little.

"How did this happen?!" A feminine voice said from above me, and when my bleary eyes finally focused, I saw Archangel. For a second I thought she was an angel. The fluorescent light behind her ginger head, to me, gave the appearance of a halo. In my frantic alarm, I'd forgotten I was with her. "Robin--" When she placed her hand over my heart, I felt a mild shock. I kept my eyes fixed on her beautiful face covered by her winged mask, as I felt what I assumed what were her healing powers work on me.

I felt instant relief, as a slight buzzing sensation sensation flowing through me, almost like electricity, accompanied by the faintest ringing in my ears. Involuntarily, a soft moan escaped my lips, and she shushed me, brushing her soft palm across my clammy forehead.

A brilliant glimmer from above me caught my eye, and I lowered my gaze from her face, it falling on a piece of jewelry that hung around Archangel's neck. It was a diamond cross necklace that had fallen out of her uniform, sparking beautifully as it hung just above my face. Something about it looked eerily familiar. Quickly, I racked my brain for any reason for me to know where I would've seen that necklace before. The only diamond cross necklace I recalled was the one I'd given to Scarlett.

Wait. Archangel had red hair. Scarlett had also had red hair. Archangel was tall and buff. Scarlett was also tall and buff. Archangel wore a diamond cross necklace. Scarlett also wore a diamond cross necklace. Oh my God.

"Sc-Scar?" I reached up towards her face, my blood-soaked hand touching the glittering crystals that she wore.

"What?" She blurted hoarsely, surprise evident in her eyes that stared down at me. It was that that I realized something: my girlfriend just saved my life.

"I love you." I breathed, clearly confusing her, as she had no idea who I was. Her eyes filled with tears as her fair and bloody hand crept towards my face.