Stand Aside, Now

Okay, so this chapter is a teeny bit shorter than the other recent ones (actually, I'm not even sure if that's true...), but it has a lot of Robin and Arch in it. A lot of people, when they read the title of this book out loud, pronounce it "Arch- angel" as in the arch of someone's back. Archangel is pronounced "Ark-angel". :)

Also, I'm worried about people copying my work because I'm posting it online. Lovelies who are reading this, do me a solid and don't plagiarize. I own Archangel and her story (Not other characters, made by DC).

- TAAF_

-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-

Scarlett's POV

I smiled and took Clove to my room. I quickly pulled the string to undo the corset and wiggled out of the dress, hanging it back up. I jumped into my uniform and boots, adding my mask before jumping out the window. When I got to the hospital, I could sense someone had eclampsia. Eclampsia was a nasty condition, taking mothers just as their lives were getting started. A woman who had recently given birth could have it, resulting in violent seizures. The woman almost always died from suffocation. I was determined to heal her, whoever she was. I looked in the window, watching someone, a young woman who had just had a baby, writhe and scream as the doctors tried to hold her down.

"My head!" She cried, bringing her hand up to her forehead. She only ended up bashing herself in the head with it because of her seizure. She screamed, cut off by another round of convulsions. I swung into the room and jogged over to her bed. "I can't breathe!!" She was in so much pain, it was hard to watch and hear her scream.

"Stand aside." I ordered the doctor, my voice deep from the device I had in my mouth. He looked at me like I was crazy. He didn't move. There were too many people around her for me to get in. "Stand aside, now." I growled, anger bubbling up inside me. The lights around me flickered, and he backed away. I quickly placed one hand on her forehead and the other on her stomach to hold her down and stop her from injuring herself further, after I'd taken my gloves off.

My hands started to glow, and she stopped struggling.

"Holy shit." Someone, probably the doctor that wouldn't move, murmured. I retracted my hands when she was healed.

"She'll be fine." I proclaimed as she shut her eyes, falling asleep. I noticed she had a set of rings on her left ring finger, an diamond engagement ring solitaire and a white gold wedding band with a row of diamonds on it. Everyone in the room was staring at me silently in shock. The only sound to be heard was the steady beeping of the woman's heart monitor. The man who I assumed was her husband, came over to me, tears pouring down his face.

"H-how... Who are you?"

"I'm Archangel." I replied, turning away towards the window. "Take care of her." I said before I swung a hook into the building and climbed up onto the roof.

I sat down on the ledge, my back to the city. I felt a little drained. Healing that woman took a lot of my energy because she was basically ten seconds from dying. I sat there quietly, listening to the pitter patter of raindrops falling around me. I brushed my tongue over the roof of my mouth, feeling the retainer type voice distorter, when I heard someone from behind me.

"Quite the show you put on back there." Someone said, causing me to gasp and spin around. It was Robin.

"How did you see?"

He scoffed. "I hacked into the surveillance cameras. Hardly an issue."

My eyes narrowed as he chuckled.

"So who are you? I hear you call yourself 'Archangel'."

"That's right."

"Cool name. Not something I'd pick, but it'll do."