t h i r t y - o n e

(same outfit as last chapter)
j e s s i e

the ride to matt's house was silent. i stared at my lap, while he kept glancing at me every few minutes, obviously worried.

once we got to his house, we walked up to his room, and i slouched into one of his beanbags. he sat on his bed, and he looked over at me.

"so... what happened?" he asked.

i pulled my knees to my chest. "billie found out about me smoking."

his eyes widened. "what? how?"

"sophia told her," i rolled my eyes, throwing my head back as i let out a low groan. "she's such a fucking bitch for that."

"what the hell? what did billie say about all of it?"

"she was pissed, like i told you she would be. she asked if i was vaping again too, and she didn't believe me when i said that i wasn't." i frowned, placing my head in my hands.

"i mean, i can see why she didn't believe you," he told me. "you were hiding the fact that you've been smoking for the past three months. did you deny the fact that you were when she asked?" he raised a brow.

"yeah," i muttered ashamedly. "god, i'm so fucking stupid."

he let out a sigh. "what else did she say?"

"she told me to cancel my flight and that i couldn't come onto the tour," i mumbled. "s-she doesn't even want to see me."

i felt tears well up in my eyes and i brought a hand up to wipe at them. matt walked over to me, pulling me into his embrace. he rested his chin on my head comfortingly.

"i'm scared, matt. i-i can't loose her." i cried.

"i don't think you're gonna loose her, jj," he assured. "things might be rocky for a bit, but you'll get through it. i mean, shit, y'all are soulmates or some shit."

"i hope so." i sniffled.

<~~~~~>

a few hours later, i'm back at my dorm. billie hasn't messaged or called me yet, so i was watching peter pan on my laptop to try and calm me down.

it wasn't working.

aiden was still at joslyn's dorm, so it was just me. she had texted me earlier, letting me know that she was going to be staying the night at joslyn's dorm.

the sudden ringing of my phone made me jump, pulling me out of my thoughts. i picked my phone up, seeing that billie was trying to call. i answered, putting the phone up to my ear.

"hey, princess." i answered softly.

"hey," she sighed. "i was gonna call back earlier, but i had to go to a damn interview." she told me, and just by the tone of her voice, i knew that she was rolling her eyes.

"they never let you rest." i frowned.

"i know, but that's not what i called to talk about, so don't try and change the subject."