f o r t y - t h r e e

j e s s i e

j e s s i e

"did you really have to bring shiloh?" billie teased.

"yes," i nodded, walking shiloh through the park on her leash. "she's, like... my own lil' emotional support puppy."

"cutie." she murmured softly, swinging our interlaced hands between us. she leaned her head on my shoulder as we looked around for a spot to sit down.

we eventually found a somewhat secluded area, and we laid out a blanket to sit on. shiloh immediately laid down on it, rolling around for a few minutes. billie placed the picnic basket in the center of the blanket.

i pulled out the lunch i had made us, getting some onto a plate for billie, before getting some for myself. she eagerly took her plate, immediately starting to eat it. i shook my head, laughing softly as i placed a water bottle next to her.

"this is so fucking good," she mumbled after chewing. "you know, i was serious whenever i told you that i would hire you to be my personal chef. deadass."

i smiled as i thought back to a year and a half ago, whenever billie had tried my food for the first time on one of our dates.

"and i was serious whenever i said that i only accept kisses as payment," i told her softly. "so, pay up."

she grinned as she leaned over, pressing a few kisses to my lips. i gave her a smile, curling some of her hair behind her ear. "i love you."

"i love you too." she beamed.

we finished eating and she laid down across the blanket. i laid in between her legs, resting my head on her stomach. she ran her hands through my hair.

"are you excited for the 1 by 1 tour?" i asked softly.

"yeah," she hummed. "you're coming on it, right?"

"well of course," i nodded. "i don't have anything holding me back this time; obviously i'm gonna come. you know i love supporting you and shit."

i let out a sigh. "i just hate that i'll have to leave shiloh though, especially since she has such bad separation anxiety." i frowned.

she was silent for a moment, clearly in thought as she continued to comb her hand through my hair. "hmm... you could try and get her registered as an actual emotional support dog."

"huh?" i raised a brow. "what do you mean?"

"well, you said that she's already like an emotional support dog, so you could try and get her registered as one so that you could bring her on tour and shit."