o n e

a/n ik i said i wasn't going to update for 2 or so weeks, but i finished this and decided to give it to y'all before i actually do get everything else sorted out :)

j e s s i e

i sighed as i rolled my two suitcases through the hallways. today i'm moving into the dorms at cal arts. i honestly didn't have much stuff that i wanted to bring here, mainly just my clothes, and shoes, and shit.

billie was originally supposed to help me move in, but she started her first tour earlier this week. her career quickly picked up over the summer and justin, her manager, was able to get her a tour.

she's already been to new zealand and australia, and she's been telling me how great they are. she's coming back to california at the beginning of october for shows in santa ana, los angeles, and san francisco though, which i'm extremely excited for.

over the summer, we've both been extremely busy, which left us with not a lot of time to spend together. she had quickly put together an ep, releasing it under the name dont smile at me, which is phenomenal. i've probably streamed it at least two hundred times myself. she also had a few gigs here and there that she performed at.

i've been busy with preparing for college, getting everything together, all that junk. i'm honestly not sure what to expect, but i'm excited nonetheless.

i reached my dorm, unlocking it with the key i was given. i opened the door, strolling my suitcases inside.

"yo, i think you got the wrong dorm, homie." i heard. i looked up to see a girl laying across one of the beds, looking up from her phone to raise her eyebrow at me.

i held up my key. "nah, i've got the right one, homie."

"damn, i was kinda hoping that i'd get the dorm to myself," she sucked her teeth, standing up, and walking over to me. she held her hand out. "i'm aiden."

i placed my hand in her's shaking it. "i'm jessie, but call me jj."

she nodded as her eyes drifted down to my hand. "shit, are you, like, engaged or some shit?"

i looked down at my hand as well, looking at the promise ring on my finger. "nah, that's a promise ring."

she nodded, retracting her hand, and placing it in the pocket of her joggers. "let me guess, high school sweethearts? how long have you and ole dude been dating?"

"you think i'm straight?!" i gagged. "damn, that's embarrassing."

she laughed, running her hand through her short hair. "oof, my bad. i'm gay too, but for whatever reason, i didn't consider the fact that you might be too."

i sucked my teeth. "damn. and to answer your question, the eighteenth will make nine months."

she nodded her head, though she didn't look too interested. "cool. well, that's my bed," she pointed to the bed she was laying on a few moments ago. "so that leaves you with that one."