t w e l v e

j e s s i e

j e s s i e

"no, i'm not saying it again."

"c'mon, pleaseeee, baby?" billie asked, giving me big puppy dogs eyes.

i let out a defeated sigh. "hey, mamas." i mumbled.

"thank you," she grinned. "i'm adding that to my favorites album."

"you screen-recorded that?! i literally hate you."

"yeah, sure you do."

i adjusted my hat, blowing raspberries as i did. "i do."

"well, seeing as the note, that you wrote by the way, in my phone case says 'i love you more than you'll ever know,' i find that a little hard to believe."

i flashed a smile. "i forgot that you kept that in your phone case, with your little cute ass."

she grinned, her cheeks flushing a bit. "well of course."

she leaned back against the couch she was sitting on, staring at me lovingly through the phone. she sighed a bit. "i miss you."

"i miss you too, princess. so much."

she pulled her hood over her head and i smiled as i realized that she was wearing my hoodie. "you're coming onto the tour during your thanksgiving break, right?" she questioned.

"i'm supposed to be, yeah."

"good, because i desperately need one of your hugs." she pouted.

"well, i'll definitely be giving you the biggest fuckin' hug whenever i see you."

"just a warning, once you do, i'm not letting you go." she smiled adorably.

"that's a billion percent okay with me."

there was a voice in the background, saying that it was time for billie to go onstage. she looked to me when the guy finished talking. "i've gotta go."

"okay. good luck with your show, angel. i love you."

"thank you, bubba. i love you too."

i waved at her and she waved back before ending the call. i sighed as i slipped my phone to my pocket, walking the rest of the way to my class. once there, i sat in my usual seat beside sophia.

"hey, jj." she smiled.

"hi, soph." i smiled back.

"what's up?"

"nothing."

she nodded a bit. "you wanna hangout later?"

"and do what?"

"i was thinking we could go bowling or something?" she suggested.

i shrugged. "alright. i'm down."