f i f t y - t h r e e

j e s s i e

j e s s i e

"where are you going?" i frowned, watching
as billie pulled on a pair of shoes.

"i've gotta go to a meeting, baby, remember?" she asked softly.

"oh. yeah. what was it about again?"

"they're gonna be going over my schedule for this year." she rolled her eyes slightly before walking over to my bed, sitting beside me. she moved my hair out of my face. "go on back to sleep, bubba. it's still early as hell."

"but i need cuddles." i pouted.

she leaned down, placing a kiss to my pouty lips. as always, i gave her a smile. "cuddle with shiloh."

i let out a sigh. "fine. can i see you later?"

she nodded. "yeah. i don't know how long the meeting will be though. you could just come over at, like, six or something?" she raised a brow.

"that's so long from now though." i whined.

"you'll be fine." she chuckled, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"nuh uh." i argued.

"yeah huh," she rolled her eyes playfully. "i've gotta go, but i love you, okay?"

"i love you too," i smiled. "gimme kiss?"

she leaned down, connecting our lips briefly. "bye, jj."

"bye, princess."

<~~~~~>

"hey, mami." i mumbled as i gave her a hug.

"hey, sweetie." she gave a smile as she hugged me.

"where's dad?" i raised an eyebrow.

"he doesn't feel well, so he stayed home." she explained, her thick accent coming into play.

"oh. is he good?" i questioned, sitting down at the table. she sat in front of me.

"yes, just a fever."

i nodded, though i didn't say anything else. instead, i looked down at my hands in my lap.

even though we have lunch together once a week, and have been doing that for a while now, it was still pretty awkward. i mean, my parents are practically strangers to me. it's odd trying to have a relationship with them.