e p i l o g u e

* time skip to march 2029 *

j e s s i e

"momma!"

i grinned as i bent down, bringing my four year old son into my arms. "hey, lil man! i missed you so much."

shiloh and shark ran up as well, trying to get our attention.

billie had gotten shark as a present for jackson's second birthday, and he named him accordingly.

i honestly think billie loves shark more than jackson does though.

"i missed you too!" he smiled widely, shaking his blonde curls out of his face.

i pressed a kiss to his forehead after giving shark and shiloh attention. i picked him up. "now, where's your mommy?" i asked him.

"dat way!" he pointed to the kitchen.

i walked to the kitchen, smiling softly as i saw billie in there making cookies. she looked up at me, smiling back.

"hey, princess." i greeted softly.

"hi, bubba."

"down, momma!" jackson told me, asking me to place him on the ground. i did so, watching as he ran over to bil to wrap his arms around her legs.

"how was work?" billie raised an eyebrow.

a couple years ago, i had landed a job at an animation studio, and it's been amazing. i love it, especially since it's so close to home.

"it was good," i said as i walked over to her. "i missed you though."

"i missed you more," she murmured, leaning in to give me a kiss. jackson wasn't having that though as he pushed me back.

"my mommy." his eyebrows furrowed cutely.

"excuse me, but that is my wife." i told him.

"my mommy." he shook his head.

i went to give billie a hug, but he pushed my legs back again. he shook his head, letting his curls bounce around. "no!"

"i birthed you and this is the payment i get? unbelievable." i scoffed playfully.

somehow, billie had convinced me to get pregnant, even though i was terrified of giving birth. that had to be the worst nine months of my life, by far. though i do have to say that the day jackson was born was definitely one of the happiest days of my life.

i bent down to his level, looking him in the eyes. "you sure are possessive; just like your mommy." i teased, making billie send me a playful glare.

"damn it." he cussed, making mine and billie's eyes widen.

"jackson kane jacobs," i reprimanded quickly. "what did you just say?"

"uhm..." he looked around, avoiding my eyes. "dang it."

i rolled my eyes as i softly thumped his forehead. he pouted as he reached his hands up to hold where i thumped him. "potty mouth."