s i x t e e n

j e s s i e

j e s s i e

i sighed as i rubbed at my temples, staring at my homework. it was harder than i had expected it to be, but then again, i hadn't been able to focus in any of my classes this past week. my parents and the fact that i won't be able to see billie on her birthday (which is also our one year) has really been stressing me out.

i let out an annoyed groan, leaning back in my chair. i dropped my pencil, then ran my hands down my face.

"you good, homie?" aiden asked and i turned to face her, watching as she brought her joint up to her lips to take a hit.

"no, this shit is hard as hell." i rolled my eyes.

"take a break then," she said, then held the joint out to me. "you can take a few hits if you want."

"i probably shouldn't." i mumbled and she shrugged, bringing it to her lips once again.

"suit yourself."

"you know what? lemme see it." i gave in, reaching my hand towards her.

"you sure?" she raised a brow, her eyes bloodshot.

i nodded. "positive."

she shrugged before handing it to me. i took it, staring at it for a brief moment before bringing it up to take a long hit.

to be honest, i've never really fucked with weed. i've never tried it before now though, so i'm not sure why i've never liked it.

i've been around it a lot though. jordan smokes it to help with his anxiety. andre, jax, and jonah smoked a lot whenever i was friends with them. aiden smokes from time to time. hell, most of the people that i've met that goes to cal arts smoke.

i took another long hit before handing the joint back to aiden. i slumped back into my chair, picking up my pencil so that i could fidget with it.

"i thought you didn't fuck with weed?" aiden asked after a while of comfortable silence.

"so did i." i muttered, looking down at my lap.

i looked up, reaching for the joint once again. aiden let out a soft chuckle, handing it back to me. "that's your last hit, jj. you don't need anymore."

"yeah, okay." i mumbled, then proceeded to take another hit.

as i was handing it back to her for a final time, there was a knock on the door. "i'll get it." i sighed.