𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Y/n's POV

"That ones nice." My mom says as she points through the glass. "But what about this one?"

"That ones out of my budget and it's ugly. I think she'll like this one? Can you take this out the case?" I asked the jewelry dude. He unlocked the case and brought the ring out placing it in front of my parents and I. If you haven't caught on yet, I'm shopping, for an engagement ring. I was planning to ask Alex to marry me. I've been thinking about it for a while now. I know, it may seem too fast but, when you know, you know. I know, Alex is the one for me. She's my person, she's my endgame and my parents are on board with me and my decision. I mean, we already have two kids together and no, I'm not marrying her for that reason, or for that reason alone. I just want to lock her down. There's no time to waste.

My parents eyes were fixated on the ring and at the same time, the three of us said "That's the one.". I have to get the perfect ring for Alex. She deserves everything. All the extra things, all the little things, all the big things. I gave the jeweler Alex's ring size and some modifications I wanted to make before we left the store. I was planning to ask her dad for her hand after the ring is finished.

Big things are coming. So many changes but, I'm ready to take them on with Alex. I've already moved in to her house. Well, officially our house. We have finally gotten into a good routine when it comes to the twins. They finally sleep through the night, Alex and I are enjoying our summer together, everything is just smooth sailing. This will be the major event of the summer. Since I had been working on this whole thing with the ring for a little while now, my jeweler said he could have it ready for me really soon.

.  .  .

MONTH TIME SKIP

Alex's birthday is in a few days and today was the day I was meeting up with her dad. My dad wanted to come with just because he doesn't trust her family even though I told him Pamela would not be joining us. I want to propose on her birthday.

I knocked on the door to the Morgan household. A minute later, Michael appeared at the door and moved to the side to let us in. We sat in his living room and there was an awkward silence before he spoke.

"I was actually glad you called. I wanted to reach out many times, first of all, congratulations on graduating but, I wanted to apologize on behalf of my wife. I know you and Alex love each other it's just the circumstances- Pamela was worried about our daughter and her safety and now seeing you here and the twins' pictures, you two seem to really love each other. So, I'm sorry for how everything's went down."

I nodded. "I appreciate your apology but, I think you should be apologizing to Alex. I didn't really know you all at the time so, I couldn't say much but, it really did hurt Alex and it's still bothering her. My family isn't enough for her. It'd be nice for Alex to hear from you two. Or at least one of you, her mom, may take a little more convincing for her to even want to be in a room with her."

"Understandable, I know I should have sprung into action that night Pamela said what she said, I  just, I don't know."

Ya think? That literally broke her.

"Anyway, you said you had something you wanted to talk to me about?"

I looked back at my dad who had a grin on his face. "Well, sir, I wanted to ask you if I could have Alex's hand...in marriage." I could not read his face. It was just blank. He looked down to his lap before looking back up at me with tears in his eyes. "Who knew I'd be asked this two times for the same child? Y/n I-"

"Let me just say this. Alex is everything to me. I know this may seem fast but, you known what they say, when you know, you know. And trust me, I know. Alex makes me want to be better not just for her and our kids but for myself. She makes me want to wake up everyday, she makes me want to strive to be the best version of myself everyday. She makes me love love and every other girl that isn't her or my daughter just seems irrelevant because, Alex is my endgame. She's it for me, she's my person."