Epilogue 2

Version 2- Sang decides to be with both Ryker and the Blackbourne team

"Grandma!" A girl squealed as she ran up to the porch where a woman with gray hair sat on a bench. The girl was a beauty with bright silver eyes and blonde hair. She looked so much like her grandfather.

"Iris," the gray haired woman smiled softly as she gathered the six year old into her lap. The woman's green eyes were lined with wrinkles but the youthfulness and confidence never wavered. "What do you have here?"

The girl smiled as she brought the book into view. "Grandpa showed me this and told me to bring it to you."

"Oh?" Sang said in wonder. "I wonder what is in it?"

Her granddaughter giggled. "Pictures! They're pictures of you and grandpa when you were young."

"Ahhh, why don't you show me?" Sang smiled at her bright grandchild.

"Okay!" The girl opened the book, and pages of pictures faced the two.

Sang smiled sadly at the pictures. So much time had passed, and eventually death took away many of her beloved. Uncle, Dad, and Erica were no longer with us. Charlie had died a few years ago, and Silas was suffering, masking his sadness with a smile. Pam had disappeared decades ago and was found dead in a drug house. Gabriel had mourned her death. Despite not being close to her, she was still a parental, albeit not a very good one, but she was still the only adult figure that took care of him. Jessica and Kota had a hard time grieving when a car crash took Erica's life away. Victor had mourned his parent's deaths despite them neglecting him. And Luke and North took it hard when Uncle passed away. And Ryker...

"Who's that?" Iris pointed at the last two pictures.

A smile rose to Sang's face as she caressed the edge of the photo. A broad smile overtook her face as she looked at the chaos going on in the picture. The one to the left was a group picture at an Academy barbeque event. The Toma was there along with Kevin and his wife Megan. Raven was attempting to kiss one of the twins which happened to be Brandon by the face expression of pure disgust. His hands were on Raven's face, pushing him away. Marc had tossed Jewel into the air, and Corey was there with his arms spread to catch her in case the idiot didn't. Kayli and Axel were throwing a fierce scowl in their direction.

Near them was the Kilgannon team. Rowan with a small smile had his arms wrapped around Rin who was beaming at the camera. Cian had his arms wrapped around the two. His Cheshire smile out-smiled the others.

Blackbourne team took most of the middle. The newly merged Farrah team with Wendy, Vivian, Mariah, Karla, and Lake were talking with some of the members. Ever since the mission ended, we found ourselves bumping into the Farrah team and grew close to them. North's back was slightly turned towards the camera as he looked at his Karla who pointing at him as she laughed. Luke and Gabriel had a mischievous smile as they pointed at North who didn't notice a kick me sign on the back of his shirt. Lake had a hand on her face. A mood of why-am-i-friends-with-them loomed around her. Nathan was smiling at the camera. Kota had slipped and was falling towards he ground. Wendy had a shocked look on her face as she tried to catch him. Silas stood next to the fuming North. An almost serene atmosphere was around him as he smiled gently. Sean and Vivian, who both worked in the hospital, were talking. Sean's elbow had knocked Owen's arm that was bringing the drink to his lips. The drink was splashing on Owen's face as the Farrah liaison Mariah laughed at his predicament. 

Along the edge was Uncle, Erica, Charlie, Dad, Jessica, Wil, Theo, Michael and his team were smushed together to get into one picture. Most of them were yelling at the others, shocked faces frozen. And right in the middle was Sang with Ryker having his arms out by his side, as if he could shield me from the chaos around us.

"That's our family," I chuckled, thinking of the weird moments we went through. Thinking back, it was a miracle that we all survived the stupidity that rose when all of us were together.

"It's you and grandpa!" She pointed at the other photo.

I smiled fondly. "Yes. All ten of them."

I looked at the photo that we took when we finished building the Victorian house that once belonged to Uncle. I was standing in the middle of the group. Ryker was to my left and Owen was next to me at my right. Behind us was Nathan, North, and Silas. Beside Owen was Kota, and beside Ryker was Nathan. In front of us were Luke and Gabriel who were kneeling on the dirt. A smile of happiness was on each of our faces.

"Mom!" Iris yelled out. I looked up to look at the front yard. All of my children and their children were standing there as they cooked food on the grill. Ryker's brother Michael and his family were mixed with the crowd. Ryker, Rin, and Cian were sitting in the nearby rose garden. Their adopted son stood not too far away with his partner. 

Letting Iris down, I watched her jump into my daughter-in-law's arms.

A person fell into the seat next to me. A hand grabbed mine in a soft grip. "Happy 50th anniversary, Sang."

I smiled, turning to look into dark blue eyes. Time had aged both of us. Wrinkles, dark spots, graying hair had replaced our youthful looks, but his intelligent and captivating dark blue eyes made me forget about our lost looks. "Happy anniversary, Ryker."

He lifted my wrinkled hand to his lips. "I'm so happy I bumped into you at the diner."

I smiled. "Me, too, my hero."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not your only one."

"Yeah," a voice called out to the two of us. I turned my head to see the rest of my husbands walk out of the doorway. The nine took the seats around us. "We're here."

I nodded. "All of you are my heroes."

Dark gray eyes smiled at me. "I'm so happy that you decided to give us a second chance, Dove."

"ME, too, Mr. Blackbourne," I smiled back.

"I followed my heart." I sighed softly. "And my heart led me to all of you."

"My heart will always be yours," flirty green eyes that belonged to Sean met mine. "My little Pookie."

"Mine was already yours, Princess," Victor beamed at me.

"You have my heart," Kota chuckled. "You're my 10."

"My heart will never be another's, Trouble. And don't forget that," Gabriel barked out.

"That day I met you was the day I gave you my heart. I'm sorry that our bond was shattered, Peanut." Nathan spoke softly.

"I've dedicated my heart to you, Agelle mou," Silas spoke. "And I'll always dedicate my heart to you."

"You know I love you forever, Sang Baby," North grunted out.

Luke popped a chocolate kiss in his mouth. "Always and forever, cupcake."

North slapped the back of Luke's head. "Idiot, stop eating sugar."

Luke rolled his eyes. "Hey, you've been trying to do that for decades, and what do I do?"

"Never listen," North growled.

Luke smiled. "Exactly."

"Mom, Dads! Smile!" I looked over in time to see a flash go off. My daughter Tori laughed as she took the polaroid picture. She bound up the stairs towards us. "Here's another to add to the collection."

I smiled, caressing the edge of the photo. There we were. All eleven of us with bright smiles that never dimmed. I slid the photo next to the pic of our younger selves. As I closed the photo book, I smiled.

I would never change my family for anything. We lived our lives. We went through heartbreak and went on a journey to heal. We went on our separate paths, but at one point, we came back together. It was up to me to decide whether to love the nine once again, but that decision turned to be one of the best. If not, I wouldn't have the family I have now.

And that was my story. 

Oh my gosh, it's finally finished. Thank you for traveling this book with me, and I greatly loved your comments and encouragement. 

Thank for reading this book. 

With love from Sang, Ryker, the Blackbourne Team, and the author.