Ch. 22

Ryker and I were reclining on the sofa after we placed my bag in his room. I was surprised at how bare yet comfortable his room was. There wasn't a lot of things in his room, but whatever was in his room meant a lot to him. Pictures of his brothers were all around the room. A quick look at Ryker told me that he was still grieving their deaths.

A sigh had my hair shifting. Ryker's face was in my hair and he seemed content having me in his lap. My bottom was in his lap with my legs thrown across his legs. His arms were wrapped around me but our hands were tangled with each other's. "how are you feeling, Sang?"

I smiled. "Okay. Why do you ask?"

"So much has happened. You had two panic attacks since last night, fainted at least twice, confronted your past, and learned that the person who you see as your mom has cancer again."

I went quiet, my smile disappearing. The memory of Ryker and me confessing our love for each other seemed so long ago yet it was only last night. So much had happened, and I didn't know how I felt. I was confused yet relieved, sad yet happy, alone yet not alone. Everything was so confusing. I looked up into his blue eyes. "I don't know what to feel. You're right. So much has happened. But I do know one thing that I know I feel."

Ryker looked down at me with a question in his eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning up towards him. I looked into his beautiful eyes and whispered. "I know that I still love you. I love you so much."

His eyes gleamed with happiness before closing the distance. Our lips touched gently, both of us wanting to remember this moment. His arms tightened around me, pulling me closer until my chest touched his. I wrapped my arms tighter around his neck, running my hands through his hair at the nape of his neck. Our kiss started slow until suddenly his tongue slipped into my mouth intertwining with mine. In a smooth move, Ryker had gathered me in his arms and laid me gently on my back without breaking the kiss. My hands started to roam across his back as his hands began to touch my sides. His warm fingers toyed with the edge of my shirt before slowly touching his hand to my bare skin. I moaned into his mouth as his hand swept across the skin beneath my belly button. He broke the kiss to look down at me with a look of wonder and reverence. His fingers lightly touched the place and I shivered, moaning softly as feelings flooded my body. Then Ryker's lips were back on me. Our kisses began to get more passionate as our tongues danced. He groaned and buried his head in the crook of my neck after we broke the kiss. Our breaths were heavy as we tried to catch our breath.

Ryker's voice was hoarse. "Sang, I love you too. So much."

I didn't answer him verbally but wrapped my arms around him, putting all of my feelings into it. Ryker turned us on our sides, facing each other. When I looked into his eyes, I felt my cheeks flush at the intense moment. Ryker swept my hair from my face, his thumb remaining on my cheek. He remained quiet, thinking about something before looking at me in the eyes. "Sang, can I give you something?"

I hesitated just for a moment. I never got over the hesitancy when someone wanted to buy something for me, but I also knew that it was alright to be pampered once in a while. I nodded and smiled as his face transformed into a kids when meeting Santa. Without getting up, he reached behind him and grabbed a small white box with a red bow. I smiled shyly as he dropped the small box into my hands. Curious, I untied the bow and popped the lid off. I gasped as I recognized the locket from the jewelry store inside the Charleston Market. The quarter sized silver locket in a shape of a heart gleamed. I ran a finger over the intricate Celtic etching, looking at the heart.

"You saw?" I asked him about that moment a few moments ago as I took him on a tour of Charleston. While he went to the restroom, my eye had caught this necklace and its matching gold copy in the window. I had been looking at it when he appeared out of nowhere.

He nodded. "I went back the next day. I saw how you looked at the necklace and I wanted to get it for you. I planned to give it to you as a friend then the night that we danced happened and I hoped. Hoped that I could give this to you as someone more than a friend."

Tears gathered in my eyes. "I love it. Thank you, Ryker."

He smiled softly. "You're welcome, Sang." He sat up, pulling me with him. "Let me help you put it on."

I smiled, turning my back to him. Swiftly he clasped the necklace around my neck. The pendant sat right next to my heart. I turned to look at him when I saw something. Around his neck were two chains. One was silver that held his fallen brother's dog tags, but the other was gold. I reached towards it, pulling it from behind his shirt. The exact copy of my new necklace hung around his neck. I looked up at him and he nodded, giving me permission. I opened his locked looking at the pictures inside. The first picture was of his mother who looked a lot like him. The second picture was of me.

Ryker cupped my face gently with his hands. "I loved you from the moment you knocked me down in the diner. My heart belongs to you, Sang. Never doubt it."

A tear ran down my cheek. Not a tear of sadness or disappointment, but one of love. "I won't."

We leaned towards one another. Our lips barely made contact when the doorbell rang, making me jump in surprise. Once I had gotten over my surprise, I remembered who was at the door and pouted. They had just ruined my chance to kiss my boyfriend. Ryker saw my pout and laughed. Lightly tapping my leg, he smiled and leaned down to whisper in my ear. "Don't worry. We have time later."

I blushed, jumping up from the sofa. I ran away from him who was chuckling at my reaction. I had reached the door and threw it open to see Luke, North, Silas, and Gabriel at the door. Behind them were three cars which showed the others getting out of. A redhead drew my attention as he focused on my motorcycle.

A strangled gasp had me looking back to the boys in front of me. Gabriel had a look of horror as he looked above my head. Wondering what he was looking at, I turned looking up. When I didn't see anything, I turned back to Gabriel in confusion. "What's wrong?"

My words seemed to snap Gabriel out of his horrified stupor. In a high voice, he screamed. "What the fuck happened to your hair?!"

I winced. Ryker had also ran his hands through my hair during our kissing session. I guess he had messed it up to much to deserve this reaction. Whoops.