Ch. 31

At seven o'clock in the morning, my team and I were sitting in one of the conference rooms in the hospital. I smiled at the memory of yesterday. Kayli and her husbands were overjoyed at the birth of their new daughter. After the Toma team was able to hold their daughter, Kayli allowed me to hold little Jewel in my arms. She was so tiny and beautiful.

"Why are you smiling?" Ryker said from beside me.

I looked at him. He was looking really handsome today. His hairstyle had changed from last year. His hair was shorter on the sides and the hair on top of his hair was smoothed over his forehead. "I was thinking of Jewel. She's so beautiful."

He smiled. "She is."

A snore across from the table drew my eyes. I smiled. Rowan was leaning against Cian. His eyes were closed, and his mouth was partly open as he snored against his boyfriend. From what I heard, the three of them have been in a long relationship. Their unique relationship was beautiful, and they haven't let anything come in among the three of them.

The door opened, and Rowan awoke with a small snort. Dad came in followed by the Blackbourne, and several familiar and unfamiliar faces.

I brightened at the two people who I have also grown close with. Lake was beautiful. She had finished her transition into a woman. After several plastic surgeries, she was radiant. Her hair was a dark brown that transitioned into a caramel balayage. Her eyes were brown but held such joy that attracted attention. Kayla, who was her teammate, was as confident as ever. Her hair had been bleached blonde, and the look in her brown eyes made her look mischievous and fun. It had been years since that time in that Academy camping event, and all of us have changed but have stayed true to ourselves.

Quietly, they all took a seat. I mentally counted in my head. Nineteen people including me and my team. I frowned. What mission would require this many people?

Dad sighed as he sat down. "I'll make the introductions. All of us know the Blackbourne team and Lake and Karla." He pointed towards me. "This is my daughter Sang, and the Kilgannon team. Ryker, Cian, Rin, and Rowan." He pointed towards the other team consisted of three girls. "This is the Farrah team. Wendy. Vivian, and Mariah."

I looked at the three members of the Farrah Team. They were known for their works in Florida. Wendy was beautiful with her mixed Hispanic heritage. She had the golden tanned skin that seemed to glow. Her hair was a deep brown that shimmered with gold. Hazel eyes smiled at me from beneath long and thick eyelashes. Vivian looked like snow. Her hair was a titanium blonde hair and almost translucent pale skin. Her eyes were a light blue. She was more frail looking than her teammates but I could notice her muscles and confidence she held. The last member was just as beautiful. Her skin was dark and smooth. She wore her hair cut short but her haircut showcased her sharp features. Her eyes were like onyx. Dark and enticing.

"We have been requested to investigate suspicious activity at the university." Dad spoke before pulling several folders from his briefcase. He slid them around the table. There were enough for two people to share. I opened mine, revealing a flier for an annual band competition. "Last year, there were several rumors of how some bands were sabotaging each other and money was found missing. The band who won third place has a member that is related to an Academy agent. That agent is unable to enter the band competition. The agent's relative mentioned that there was a lead singer of a band who had disappeared before the competition, and wasn't found until the next morning. Apparently he had been drunk driving and ran off the road into a ditch. At a closer look, the agent found some foul play."

"So how does this include us?" Wendy spoke.

"We need you to go undercover in this school and get close to the bands who are going to participate in this competition. Most of them are returning, including the band who won three times in a row." Dad held out a hand as Wendy opened her mouth to speak. "Your job will be to form bands and enter the competition. You will gather information and get closer to the bands. As the time gets closer to the competition, keep an open eye to make sure that nothing happens to any of the bands and if money goes missing."