Ch. 34

As the Phantoms walked off the stage, Victor and the rest of us decided to go backstage since we were to be on after the next band. I glanced around, noticing that Lark wasn't lurking in the shadows. When we walked to where our equipment was, I knelt by my guitar. I opened my case to reveal my cherry red guitar.

I sighed, remembering a past memory. Gabriel and I were on the bed. He was behind me with his arms around my stomach and cuddling me. His nose tickled my neck as he rubbed his face against my hair. I giggled, making sure that the guitar in my lap didn't fall onto the ground. "Gabriel, stop it. It tickles."

He playfully growled. "Don't giggle, Trouble."

I turned my head to look into his crystal blue eyes which were twinkling with humor. "Why?"

He sighed, laying his chin on my shoulder. "So cute."

I smiled at his compliment. "Cute enough for you to teach me a song on your guitar?"

Gabriel laughed before releasing me. He placed his hands in the correct position on the guitar. "Definitely. Now watch." With those he started to play a simple tune. I watched his fingers move along the neck of the guitar and was amazed at the music that resulted.

I was entranced it that I was jealous of Gabriel's talent in music. Once he was done, I looked at him and pouted. "I want one."

"You ready, Princess," a voice broke me from my memory. I looked up at Victor. He had changed in the past few years. His hair was cut short in a stylish way which showcased his fiery eyes. He still wore his necklace around his neck but his style in clothes were different. Gone were the Armani shirts and dress pants. They were replaced by a nice fitting white t-shirt and designer jeans that I knew costed a pretty penny. He still wore the black ring with pink diamonds around his left ring finger.

I smiled at the old nickname. It took me a few months to let them call me by my old nicknames. "Yep."

I stood up, swinging my guitar over my shoulder. I was about to speak when I noticed Lark lurking a few feet away. He was talking and laughing with a group of people. Victor must have noticed where my eyes were drawn to, and he spoke softly. "That's last year's winning band and the ones that are suspicious. We need to get closer to them."

I glanced at Victor. "Lark was flirting with me earlier."

His eyes grew warmer at my statement before he smiled at me. "Well, it's not hard to flirt with you. You're perfect."

I giggled at his flirting. Although we haven't touched the topic of furthering our relationship, all nine still flirted with me. Mr. Blackbourne though hadn't flirted much but wanted to spend more time with me. I knew that I loved them more than friends, but I also knew that sooner than later, I would have to make a decision on whether to love them again as lovers or love them as friends. It was just that I don't know whether to take on that decision to let them deeper in my life.

"You guys done?" Ryker appeared behind me.

Victor nodded as Kota stepped up to finish our group. "Let's break a leg."

With that, we walked onto the stage. I could tell that everyone was tired of listening to bands sing since we were nearing the end, but I also knew that we caught the attention of the judges. Other than us, there were only two other mixed bands. And it does help that the three men with me were above mediocre.

"Hello," Mr. Gilheart spoke with a smile. "And what are your names?"

I took the lead with a bright smile. "Hi. My name is Sang Enson, and I'm the main vocal of the Arcadians. I'm also playing the guitar."

A sparkling smile appeared on Ryker's face. "I'm Ryker Nightingale, and I'm a vocalist and guitarist."

Victor smiled, charming the hearts of the females in the crowd. "I'm Victor Morgan. I'm the keyboardist."

Last, but not least, Kota stepped forward. "I'm Kota Lee, and I'm a vocalist and drummer."

Yoongi looked at us with a cute smile while Professor Edwards stared at us with a straight face. "Well, good luck."

When Kota-and Victor voted this song, I was hesitant because I knew that they were telling me 'sorry'. And I also knew that this song makes me face my indecision. As the beat started, I began to harmonize then sing.

I'm alive
I know my heart is beating, but my head's in the sky
I found a different meaning since you came in my life
Now all of time is standing still, shining so bright
Deer in headlights
I know I did wrong
I used to think that I was so invincible
I tore myself to pieces, had to put on a show
You put me back together
And it feels like home, it feels like home

[Pre-Chorus]
And I'm trying to make the most of my mistakes
If you were me, I know you'd do the same thing
But some things in my past I cannot change
But I can change

[Chorus]
And maybe I'm paying for the things I've done
And maybe I'm paying for the ones I've hurt
But I feel a change in the love I'm given
I'm turning the page on my indecision
And maybe you'll stay if I overcome
The highs and the lows and the rising sun
But I feel a change in the love I'm given
I'm turning the page now, am I forgiven?

[Verse 2]
I'm still on fire
From all the times I tried to climb higher and higher
But you put me in the water now, I drown in desire
For all the things you make me feel
You make me feel better, you make me feel better

[Pre-Chorus]
And I'm trying to make the most of my mistakes
If you were me, I know you'd do the same thing
But some things in my past I cannot change
But I can change

[Chorus]
And maybe I'm paying for the things I've done
And maybe I'm paying for the ones I've hurt
But I feel a change in the love I'm given
I'm turning the page on my indecision
And maybe you'll stay if I overcome
The highs and the lows and the rising sun
But I feel a change in the love I'm given
I'm turning the page now, am I forgiven?

[Post-Chorus]
Yeah, I've been changing the love I'm given (Change)

[Chorus]
And maybe I'm paying for the things I've done
And maybe I'm paying for the ones I've hurt
But I feel a change in the love I'm given
I'm turning the page on my indecision (Oh, the love I'm given)
And maybe I'll stay if I overcome (Oh, the love I'm given)
The highs and the lows and the rising sun (Oh, the love I'm given)
But I feel a change in the love I'm given (Oh, the love I)
Oh, the love, the love I'm given

[Post-Chorus]
Yeah, I feel a change in the love I'm given (Change)
Yeah, I feel a change in the love I'm given (Changing)
Yeah, I feel a change in the love I'm given (I feel it changing)
Yeah, I feel a change in the love I'm given (Change)

[Outro]
Oh, I feel a change (A change)
In the love I'm given (A change)
(A change)
(A change)

As applause filled the auditorium, my eyes clashed with seven others. I could see understanding and hope in their eyes. With that one look, I knew that the future will not be as smooth as I thought it would be.