Ch. 17

"Together?" Nathan echoed. I refrained from rolling my eyes. The answer was quite simple.

Apparently my team thought the same thing because Rowan took over. "We are a threesome. We are bound together and share with no one else."

Gabriel leaned forward. "So are you guys bisexual or gay?"

Cian smirked. "Gay all the way. Got to love- oof"

Cian rubbed his stomach while glaring at Rin. Rin stared pointedly at him before turning back at my ex-family. "All of us are gay. But this isn't our story we need to talk about. We are here to talk about Sang."

Eyes returned back at me. I straightened my back. "Why did you leave? Why are you back?"

Owen was the first to speak. "After our mission with Ashley Waters was over, we received word that Volto had resurfaced in California. The team asked for our help but when we got there the team was no where to be found and Volto was on the loose. We were asked to take over until the Academy could find another team. At first it was to be for a few weeks but we got word of Volto. A few months passed and then Volto disappeared. We searched for Volto which led us to Europe. We decided to come back a few weeks ago."

Cian blew up. "You mean you left her alone? While you guys went galivanting after an unknown person?"

North spoke. "We did it for her safety!"

"To the point of breaking her heart!" Cian pointed at me. "She was devasted. We had to pick up the pieces and healed her. Ask Uncle! Ask the Toma team! Ask Dr. Roberts! All of us were here for her except you."

Rowan grabbed his hand while Rin took Cian's other hand. Luke turned towards Uncle with pleading eyes. "Uncle, tell me. Tell us. Was it that bad?"

Uncle sighed. "I was angry at you all. I've watched you all grow up. I was disappointed when you all left this little bird alone. I watched this beautiful girl turn into a shell, waiting for you to return. When you didn't call or text her, she cried."

Ryker beside me growled. "And what of Volto?"

Sean shrugged. "We don't know. We don't know where he went."

I chuckled dryly. "I know where Volto is."

All eyes rested on me. All of the eyes were wide with shock and surprise. Mr. Blackbourne leaned forward in his chair. "How?"

I leaned my head on my hand. "I figured out who Volto is. I've known for two years."

Kota looked shocked. "How?"

"I'll let Volto explain." I picked up my cellphone and opened the group chat. I typed in a message. Come to the diner. I think you need to explain. I looked up and smiled. "They'll be here in a while." I crossed my legs and stared at Mr. Blackbourne. "Do you want to tell me about the pictures you sent me?"

"Pictures?" Silas asked. He seemed to be genuinely confused but that could all be an act.

I nodded. "A few months after you left, I kept calling and texting you. You wouldn't answer. Then suddenly a text came from all of you. Inside were pictures of all of you with other girls. There were some of you kissing or laughing. Then there was a single text: We are over."

Gabriel groaned. "What the fuck! What did those bitches do?"

Victor spoke. "Princess, that was a mission. We were to infiltrate a group at a school and form relationships with the people there to get information where the drugs are coming from. We were expected to form a relationship with the girls that were involved or had family involved."

Nathan spoke. "But that doesn't make sense. You were the one to send us a message saying we were over."

I sputtered. "I didn't! If I was going to break up with you, I would do it face to face."

The front door opened and four forms came walking towards us. "Woah, is this some type of intervention?" A certain red headed boy joked.

"Mike?" Nathan asked.

The four blinked, finally noticing the others. Mike smirked. "Looks like the Academy cavalry are back."

"Hey, Sang," Karen came over with Will and Derrick behind her.

"Hi," I smiled.

"Wait," Luke pointed at them. "What are you doing here? And how do you know of the Academy?"

Another voice broke the silence. "That's because we are Volto." We turned to see a guy with dark brown hair. He looked different from three years ago but the scar on his face made him recognizable.

"Jay?" North was shocked.

He rolled his eyes. "About time you guys showed up. After Sang discovered us, I was sure that you would come back."