ch. 25

I stared at Kota. My five cards were in my hands as I flipped over a card before passing it facedown to Gabriel who sat beside me. With a quick look at the table, I saw the three spoons spread in the middle of the table. Kota was across from me with Gabriel to my right and Ryker to my left. I peeked at Ryker who had a smirk on his face. I didn't know if it was his poker face or if he was actually happy. I had picked up a card when suddenly Kota's hand snapped up a spoon. Ryker grabbed the other spoon. I jerked my hand forth to the last spoon at the same time Gabriel had. We both stared at each other as we tugged the spoon between us.

Suddenly a thought popped in my mind. Getting to my knees, I leaned forward until my face was inches from his. His blue eyes widened at how close I was which distracted him from my other hand which reached forward a tickled his side. Gabriel squealed, jumping away and letting go of the spoon. I smiled widely, brandishing my spoon in the air and laughed. "I won!"

Laughter rang through the room, and Gabriel huffed. "You cheated!"

I shrugged. "All is fair in war."

The doorbell rang at that moment, and Ryker stood up to answer the door. Mr. Blackbourne held out a hand and smiled slightly. "Let me pay."

"Sure." Ryker said as he sat behind me with his legs on either side of my body.

A few of the others went with him and a few moments later, they came back carrying about twelve boxes of pizza. I plated myself two pieces of pizza and laid back against Ryker. I felt Ryker rest his chin on my shoulder and wrap his hands around my stomach. He looked at me with is blue eyes and eyed my pizza. Giggling, I lifted my pizza to him which he took a large bite. Rolling my eyes, I took a bite from the same piece of pizza and noticed that everyone was looking at us.

I swallowed my food and smiled. "So, did you like Mr. Evers club?"

Gabriel shouted. "Fuck, yeah. We wouldn't have gotten in if he wasn't Academy."

Nathan rolled his eyes at Gabriel's antics. "How do you know Mr. Evers?"

"My team had dragged me there one night, and the live entertainment were unable to show up," I took a sip from my Dr. Pepper and continued. "Rin and Cian pulled me onstage and we started to sing. Mr. Evers was there that night and offered us to come back anytime we want."

"Who do you like to sing," Gabriel looked excited. I smiled at his excitement. I hadn't forgotten his love for music although he didn't sing that much.

"Bishop Briggs, Amber run, Au/Ra, Billie Eilish," I shrugged. "I mostly sing anything that has a meaning to any of us."

Victor leaned forward. "Who plays the instruments?"

I pointed at Ryker behind me. "Ryker can play the drums and guitar. Rin plays the keyboard, and Cian plays the drums. Rowan can play the guitar."

Sean lifted an eyebrow. "What about you? Any instruments?"

"Band or classical?"

Eyebrows lifted in surprise. Kota tilted his head. "Both."

I sighed, leaning back into Ryker's chest. "I can play the guitar, drums, bass, violin, piano, and the cello."

Luke waggled his eyebrows, making me laugh. "You've been busy."

I tilted my head back and laughed. "I have. I love playing."

"Sang," Silas spoke. "When are you playing next at Mr. Ever's club?"

I looked up at Ryker in question and he answered. "Tomorrow night. We were supposed to arrange the song choice tonight but the others got sidetracked."

North grunted. "If you need some extra players, we can help."

Ryker smiled. "What instruments do you guys play?"

Kota answered. "North and I play the drums. Gabe and Nathan can play the guitar, and Victor plays the piano. Luke and Silas plays the bass. Owen plays the violin."

Sean jumped up. "Hey, I play an instrument too."

My eyebrows went up in surprise. That was new. "What?"

Others snickered, but Sean had a bright smile on his face. "I can play the triangle."

Ryker's chest went up and down as he snickered, and I barely restrained myself from laughing. I nodded. "I don't think that we can use that in our band."

Sean looked crestfallen before he perked up again. "I also play the ukulele."

I smiled, imagining him playing the ukulele. It fit him. "Thanks for the offer but we're just arranging songs."

Mr. Blackbourne spoke. "Can we hear you sing?"

I was silent before nodding. "Sure." Turning to Ryker, I asked him, "Do you have a phone?"

He looked at me, searching my eyes. When he saw that I wanted to do this, he stood up and pulled his phone from his back pocket. Turning it on, my mind went through the list of songs that I knew. When my mind came across the song I had just discovered, my fingers pushed the play button.

This song reminded me to love myself and that I could rise above the things of my dark past. It was a passionate song that made me feel vulnerable.

(Listen to the song while reading)

Alone in my car, I'm in a parking lot, darkest spot in my mind
My tongue is dry; why do I crumble quickly, stumble swiftly?
Cursing myself, I burned the furniture a million times in my head
I'm feeling low, got nowhere to go but back up again

You gotta get bruised before you get mad
You gotta fall down before you fight back
Was feeling so weak but baby I'm strong
Little did I know I'm a champion

I'm a champion-on, oh-oh, oh-oh
I'm a champion

Nobody said it'd be an easy ride, obstacles in my way
Scars never change, why do I crumble quickly, stumble swiftly?
Cursing the world, I burn the songs I wrote a billion times in my head
I'm feeling low, got nowhere to go but back up again

You gotta get bruised before you get mad
You gotta fall down before you fight back
Was feeling so weak but baby I'm strong
Little did I know I'm a champion

I'm a champion-on, oh-oh, oh-oh
I'm a champion-on, oh-oh, oh-oh (Ooh, ooh)
I'm a champion

(Mhm, mhm)
You gotta get bruised before you get mad (Mhm)
You gotta fall down before you fight back (Mhm)
Was feeling so weak but baby I'm strong (Mhm)
Little did I know I'm a champion
(I'm a champion, I'm a champion)

I'm a champion-on, oh-oh, oh-oh (I'm a champion)
I'm a champion-on, oh-oh, oh-oh (Ooh, ooh)
I'm a champion-on, oh-oh, oh-oh (I'm a champion now)
I'm a champion-on, oh-oh, oh-oh (Ooh, I'm a champion)
I'm a champion

(Bishop Briggs- Champion)

I looked up as the last chord rang throughout the room. The boys were silent, watching me with looks of amazement, and I blushed. I don't know what the future had for me and Ryker and these nine men, but I know that I can rise above anything that comes our way. 

Hope you guys liked it. Comment. Vote. Like. :)