Ch. 30

One year later

"That's it," Gabriel shouted. His blue eyes flashed with anger. He turned and started to walk towards me and my team, leaving behind eight shocked people. "I quit! I can't do it anymore."

"Wait, Gabe." Nathan yelled. "Come back!"

Gabriel turned towards the others. "No. You guys suck. I'm joining Sang."

"We didn't mean it," Victor said.

Gabe set his hands on his hips as he glared at his team. "If you had just listened to me, we wouldn't be in this predicament."

Luke smiled. "Gabe, it's just a game."

He pouted. "But I want to win. It sucks losing four times in a row. That's why I'm joining Sang's team."

I laughed as the renewed Blackbourne Team went back and forth. A year had passed since that day in Gabriel and Luke's apartment. The journey to this point was rough. There were a lot of ups and downs. There were times when a fight among all of them turned physical. Each one of them had their own psychiatrist, and then the team had a psychiatrist. Though they still had some problems but not as many as when they first started, they had healed themselves and their team.

Arms came around me. Ryker's scent comforted me and made a smile appear on my face. His breath brushed against the side of my cheek as he spoke. "Do you think we will win for the fifth time in a row?"

"Fuck you!" Gabriel yelled at us before he went back to talking with the others on his team. I smirked. The relationship between my team and the Blackbourne team was growing. The boys in both teams considered each others as friends than rivals, and the interest of the Blackbourne team in me hasn't grown. We've been there as friends and only friends. They don't know if or when I will decide that our relationship can progress into something else. Until then, they've been patiently waiting despite me telling them that they can move on if they are tired on waiting on me.

A laugh drew our attention. Rin was sitting on the ground and sitting between Rowans' legs. He was relaxing against Rowan's chest, and his eyes were closed but his lips were pulled back into a wide smile. His eyes opened, full of humor. "Definitely. Honestly, I thought they would be better at playing capture the flag."

Cian who was sitting next to his boyfriends chortled. "That's true. It seems that the Blackbourne team can't win against us."

I rolled my eyes at the joking that riled among the four of them when a shock of electricity was felt on my thigh. A glance at the others tole me that both my team and the Blackbourne team had received a redline. Pulling the phone from my pocket, I saw Kayli's name flashing across my phone screen.

Without another word, all of us ran to our cars. Ryker jumped into my car before I pulled out of the parking lot. I drove as fast as I could towards the location the redline was emitted. Ryker tried calling the Toma team's numbers but they were either busy or not picking up. My call to Raven was successful, but all I could hear were Kayli's screams and Raven's cursing in Russian. Within ten minutes, I screeched into the Toma's driveway, jumping out with my car still running. I threw open their front door and ran towards the screaming upstairs. Coming onto Kayli's bedroom, I pulled my gun and kicked the door open.

For a moment, it was silent as I looked at the scene. The room was in messy, and objects were thrown across the room. Axel was holding several towels while Brandon and Corey were standing beside the bed with their hands out in front of them in a placating manner. Raven was holding out a pillow as if it was a shield, and Marc was peeking from behind the bathroom door with wide eyes. Sniffles coming from the bed drew my attention. Kayli laid on the bed with tears coming down her face. Her face was red and splotchy, and she groaned in pain. Her hands came to cradle her bulging stomach. Her green eyes filled with more tears as she looked at me. "Sang," she cried. "The baby is coming, and these idiots are aggravating me."

I sighed, holstering my gun. I walked calmly towards them. "The guys are coming. Why don't you guys go to them?"

Axel gave a sigh of relief. "Okay."

As they walked quickly out of the room, I turned. "Oh, and send Sean up!"

Raven was muttering in Russian as he left, still holding the pillow. I sat next to Kayli, grabbing her hand and started to rub it. "Kayli, remember your breathing. Stay calm."

Footsteps pounded up the stairs, and an exhausted Sean appeared. He took in the situation, and he became serious. "Okay, this is what we need to do..."

Five hours later, a new baby was born. After Sean had wiped it clean, he set the little baby in Kayli's arms. Kayli, who was exhausted and sweaty, smiled at the child. She caressed the baby's cheek and laughed. "It's so beautiful. I never knew that I could feel this happy."

I smiled at the new mother and child when a tentative knock on the door attracted my attention. The door opened enough to show Corey's nervous face looking at me. "Hey, is everyth-" His voice drifted off as he took in the new addition of their family. He opened the door a little bit more. "Can we come in?"

Kayli looked at one of her husbands with a bright smile. "Come in. Please."

As the five men walked in silently as not to startle the sleeping babe, I walked over to where an exhausted Sean was standing and leaning on the wall. I smiled at him with an encouraging smile, and he returned it. I stood beside him, leaning against his side as we looked at the Toma team. They had surrounded Kayli around the bed but were standing at least a foot away.

Kayli smiled at her child then looked at its fathers. "Guys, this is Jewel, our daughter."

Sean and I left the room so that the Toma team could celebrate alone. When we got downstairs, I was met with an anxious Blackbourne team and Kilgannon Team. After telling them everything was alright, I collapsed in a seat when my phone buzzed with an upcoming text. Taking it out, I ignored the stares of everyone and read my text from my dad.

Dr. Phil : Remember mission update tomorrow.

Update!!! Goodbye to 2019 and hello to 2020! Hopefully I can finish this book in the upcoming year. So tell me what you think about this chapter and what will happen in the future. Read. Vote. Enjoy!! 

-Love Azallya