Ch. 5

A/N: italics are memories, bold are song lyrics. Enjoy!!

A few days have gone by since I have come back, and I felt restless. After having to be constantly aware of my surroundings and on the move, I needed to do something. The others had noticed my behavior and approached me. Rowan's eyes shined with mischief.

I narrowed my eyes at them. "What are you guys up to?"

Rowan put an arm around me. "Why, little bird, we are going to take you to do something fun."

My body shook with excitement. "Oh, what are we doing?"

Cian and Rin laughed at my response. Cian snorted. "Tania, you look like a chipmunk on caffeine."

I shot him a look before looking at Rowan. "Well?"

Rowan pushed me towards my closet. "Mr. Evers heard that you were back in town and called to see if you wanted to sing tonight."

Mr. Evers was an Academy member who was a friend to Dr. Roberts. He knew of me and saw my performance once. Since then, he gave me the permission to sing at his club anytime I wanted. A memory rose, sending me into the past.

I had been three months since the boys left my life and two months since I have met the Kilgannon team. They had been working at the diner with me and we had gotten to know each other more. One Saturday, they appeared on my front door, telling me to get ready to go ready. They knew that I needed something to distract me and took me to a club. At first, I had thought that it was the same club that Nathan, Gabriel, and Luke had taken me to, but then I noticed it was different. Once we were inside, I learned that the main singer for the live band was sick. I knew that the boys that I were with played, and they were really good. They somehow managed to get me to sing with them although they didn't know if I could sing or not.

I stared at the crowd, my nerves rocketing to the roof. A blush crept up my neck. I wasn't used to these many stares on me. I looked back at the others who were adjusting the instruments that the previous band graciously let us use. Cian was sitting behind the drum set while Rin was familiarizing himself with the keyboard. Rowan stood beside me with a blue electric guitar around his body. Sometimes I was jealous of their abilities. All three of them could play any song on their instruments after hearing the song, and since they were a close knit team, they played seamlessly.

His green eyes looked at me, sensing my nerves. He wrapped his right arm around me and kissed the crown of my head. "It's going to be okay, Sang."

I scowled at him. "You don't know if I can sing. I don't even know if I can sing. What if I fail?"

Rowan smiled at me. "You won't, but if you do, at least you tried."

He led me to where Cian and Rin were. Cian looked at us. "What song are we going to do?"

An idea popped into my head. "Remember the song that you guys were playing around with the other day?" At their nods, I smiled. "Let's do that song. At least, I know the lyrics." Before I knew it, Rin had started, and it was time for me to sing.

You were the shadow to my light
Did you feel us
Another start
You fade away
Afraid our aim is out of sight
Wanna see us
Alive

My mind went to the boys that I loved. I couldn't stop wondering where they were or why they had left.

Where are you now
Where are you now
Where are you now
Was it all in my fantasy
Where are you now
Were you only imaginary
Where are you now

I am starting feel as if their feelings for me were not real. Was it something that I had imagined and forced on them as they were trying to save me? How could they love me yet leave so easily?