Ch. 24

Groans went throughout the room. My eyebrows went up at the reaction. I knew that they were always resistant to playing but did play in the end, but this time, they sounded as if they dreaded it. Nathan leaned back on the sofa and covered his eyes with his arm. He groaned. "Really, Gabe? Games after last time wasn't very pleasant."

Gabriel huffed. "Yes, games. We haven't played any since that night when Victoria dared Kota to kiss Lisa. Wh- oof." Gabe turned on North who had elbowed him in the stomach. "What the hell was that for?!"

At North's sharp look, Gabe froze in realization and turned towards me with a wide and afraid look. "I didn't mean- Fuck. I-"

I tried not to show my emotions at the mention of their ex-girlfriends, but I guessed that I failed. Geez, I can't even mask my emotions when it comes to these boys. Instead I smirked, trying to lessen the tension in the room. "Victoria? Please tell me she wasn't dating Victor."

Sean snorted. "Actually she did. It was really weird with their names being so similar. It was even weirder since she had the same coloring as him."

I wanted to laugh at the grossed out looks on their faces. "What was your ex-girlfriends' names?"

Kota shifted in his seat, uncomfortable at how this conversation shifted. "Mine was names Georgia." 

Nathan groaned, looking as if he'd rather puke than say her name. "Calisto."

North grunted. The sound made me smile. He hadn't changed. "Julie."

Silas spoke softly. "Eleni."

Luke grimaced. "Lisa."

Sean crossed his arms and had a scowl. "Camellia."

Mr. Blackbourne straightened his glasses so the glare hid the look in his eyes. "Kali."

Gabriel murmured. "A total bitch, Annie."

I tilted my head. "You guys look as if you hate them."

Kota gave me a small smile. "Our time with them wasn't the best. Like Gabe said. They were backstabbing and manipulating. It's a wonder how we never thought that they wouldn't go through out phones."

I knew that they were genuine. My heart screamed to take them back, but my head battled my heart, saying that they still betrayed me. They thought the worst of me and didn't even question the false message. They broke my trust, and it would take more that apologies and smiles to win me back.

Ryker broke the silence. "Why game do you suggest we play, Gabe?"

I smiled at my boyfriend. His navy blue eyes were lit with determination. He was competitive and always wanted to win. I knew that he had some reservations against the nine but was trying to be polite.

"Do you have booze?" Gabriel asked.

"Gabriel!" North bellowed, starting to get up.

Ryker laughed. "We do, but we'd better save the drinking games after we eat."

Gabriel pouted while the others had looks of relief on their faces. "What about some cards?"

I looked up at Ryker. After a moment he nodded. "We do. How many decks of cards to you need?"

Gabriel smiled. "How many do you have?"

Ryker counted on his fingers. "Twelve."

Luke laughed. "Dude, why do you have so many?"

Ryker smiled. "My brother's teammate has been interested in magic recently and bought cases of cards in bulk."

I laughed. I've never met his brother before today so I haven't met his teammates but from what I've heard, they were a fun group. "Gabriel, what game do you have in mind?"

Gabriel shared a look at Luke. "Spoons."

I looked at them in confusion. "Spoons? Then why do we need cards?"

Ryker gasped behind me. "You haven't played spoons before?"
I shrugged. "Never had the chance."

Ryker stood up, plunking me back onto the seat. "That's it. I'm getting the cards. Wait here." He said as he stormed off, acting like a man with a mission.

With Ryker gone, I was left alone with the boys. I looked over at the boys who were staring at me. My eyes landed on Sean. "Why did you start smoking again?"

Sean's eyes fell, and he consciously touched the patch on his arm. "It was after the false break-up. I became depressed and smoking became my escape."

My heart fell at his voice. It was full of regret and sadness. Tears gathered in my eyes and I tried to blink them away. "I'm sorry."

Victor spoke. "Why are you sorry? We should be the ones to say that. It was our thoughtlessness that led us to this point."

I looked at my wringing hands in my lap. "I feel as if this is my fault. If I tried harder to reach to you. If I tried to look for you, then this wouldn't have happened to you guys."

A tear escaped, running down my cheek. I was mortified at the tear, but before I could wipe it away, a warm hand touched my cheek. The fingers lingered on my cheek almost caressing. I looked up at sorrowful grey eyes. Mr. Blackbourne's eyes held a sadness and a sense of lost that I wasn't sure if this was the same proper man I knew all those years ago. "Sang, this isn't your fault. You were innocent. You were recovering from being free from your family's abuse and from the mission, and we left you. Our intent for doing the mission was stupid but we wanted to do it for you, but in the end, we lost you. We didn't even try to find the truth. I am so sorry, Sang. For everything.

" I know why you refuse to call me by my name. We have broken your trust and your love. I've failed you most of all. We won't leave you. Even if all you can offer is your friendship."

I sniffled, staring at his open expression. I lifted my hand, grabbing onto his hand. "It's true. You have broken my trust. I still love all of you but none of you don't have my trust anymore." I softly drew his hand away from my face. "That doesn't mean that I won't trust you again. When you left, you broke my heart. When you came back, my heart was healing. I want your friendship right now. Let me heal." I looked at him and the others. "Friends?"

"Friends," the boys said.

Mr. Blackbourne stared at me and smiled his millimeter smile. "Friends."

"Found them," Ryker spoke as the boys sat back in their seats. I looked at him as he came towards me. His expression told me that he overheard everything but wasn't judging me. He tossed the twelve decks of cards on the coffee table and had brought ten spoons with him. With a playful yet competitive look, he stared at the nine boys and a smile spread on his face. "Let's play."

To those who are named as the bitchy ex-girlfriends, I am so sorry if that is your actual name. I mean no disrespect. BTW, did you like what I did with Kota's ex-girlfriend? lol, have a great day. Like. Comment. ;)