Ch. 7

A week passed since that night in the club. The boys and I gave Ryker an invitation to join the band which he said that he would think about it. Ryker and my friendship started easily although he had asked me out only a few days before. He didn't pressure me about going out with him and became my friend. I enjoyed his presence and decided to show him around town.

I looked in the mirror. The black hair dye finally washed out this morning with the help of Adam, and my blonde locks were back. My hair was trimmed, the length reaching the middle of my back. Adam had braided strands of my hair away from my face and curled the rest in loose curls. My face was clear of makeup except for the tinted lip gloss and mascara. I wore a flowy white shirt with its front tucked into a black shorts that had patterns of silver vines and flowers. Around my hips was a black belt with a silver buckle. I wore black gladiator sandals that were very comfortable.

A knock at my door made me look at the clock. He was a few minutes early. I ran towards the door and threw it open. Ryker had opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. He stared and stared at me. I touched my face. Did I have something on my face? "Sang?"

I smiled. "Yep, it's me."

He blinked. "Wow, I like your hair."

A blush crept up my neck. "Thanks. Come on in. I just have to grab my bag."

I turned, letting him in. I had grabbed my bag and returned to the living room where I found him looking at the pictures. When I came in, Ryker looked at me. "So you're a natural blonde?"

I laughed. "Yes, the black was a temporary hair dye. It was for a mission."

Realization appeared on his face, and he nodded. He put his hands in his pockets and raised an eyebrow. "What are we going to do today?"

"We are going to have fun." I said as we locked my door and went down the stairs. "The one place that you have to visit is the Market. You live here so you have to at least visit the place once."

Ryker looked excited before remembering something. "Oh, I almost forgot. We might have to take your car since I don't have one."

I tilted my head back to look at him in confusion. "Did you take a cab?"

He shook his head. "No, I rode my motorcycle." He pointed to a black and red motorcycle. It was a beautiful Harley-Davidson bike.

"Wow, is that 2019 Fat Boy Harley-Davidson bike?" I almost ran to the bike but refrained from doing so. I looked up at Ryker who looked at me in surprise. "What?"

"I didn't know that you liked bikes," he smiled, his dimples appearing.

I rolled my eyes, running a hand over the body of the bike. "Who wouldn't like this bike with its sculpted satin chrome, Lakester wheels, and softail frame? The Milwaukee-Eight big twin engine in 114 is something to appreciate."

"How do you know so much about motorcycles?"

I looked up from my perusal of the bike. "I have a friend who owns a bike shop. I spent a lot of time with him. You met him when I fell on you."

"The twin?"

"Yep, his name is Marc. I think you two would like each other." I decided to change the subject. "Do you want to see my bike?"

His blue eyes widened. "You have one?"

"Yep, I haven't had the chance to ride it. My friend just finished the custom paint." I took him over around the building to where my bike sat next to my car. I pulled off the bike cover and watched as his eyes went over my bike. His gaze lingered on the silver etching on the body.