Ch. 8

By the time the day ended, Ryker and I reached my apartment. He had helped me out of the car when I turned towards him. "Would you like to come inside to watch a movie?"

He seemed to think for a moment before nodding. "Sure. What do you think of me joining the band?"

I looked at him. "If you want to join, you can. You are talented, and I know the others would like you to join. I would be happy if you joined, too."

He smiled. "How long has Rin and Cian been together?"

"About four years. The story of how they met is sweet, and they clearly love each other."

Ryker frowned. "What about Rowan? Are you two going out?"

I shivered in horror. "Eww, no! I love him, but definitely not like that."

Ryker looked confused. "With Cian and Rin, wouldn't it make it a bit awkward for him?"

I chuckled, motioning him to bend down for me to whisper in his ear. When I was done, he straightened with a look of shock over his face. His face was hilarious that I was laughing. His face turned red. "Okay I did not expect that."

I unlocked my door, swing it inward. On my couch with the tv on was my team. They looked up from the card game they were playing. Rowan came towards me, hugging me and moving me away from Ryker. "Hey, how was your day?"

I threw my arm around his waist. "Good, Rowan. Ryker and I had a lot of fun."

Ryker joined us in the living room, sitting in an armchair while Rowan positioned me in between him and Cian. Cian drew me to his chest. "Ryker, have you thought of the position in the band?"

Ryker looked hesitant. "You play drums, Rin plays the keyboard, and Rowan plays the guitar. Why would you need me?"

Rin smiled. "A band can always have more than one guitarist, and we would like you." Rin share a look at the others and me. "Sang, Cian, Rowan, and I were thinking that if you'd like, we would like to adopt you in our family."

Ryker was frozen. "Why?" He stuttered.

I rose and knelt next to him, taking his cool hand in mine. His eyes darted nervously between me and the three boys on the couch.

"Honestly, Dr. Roberts asked us if we were interested in another member. At first we thought that he was talking about a new recruit but then realized he was talking about you. After today, you opened up to me, and although we still don't know much about each other, we would like to bring you into our family." The others nodded in agreement. I spoke again before Ryker could speak. "You also have to make a decision. Our team is different than others, and once you hear what we do, you might not want to take our offer."

"Are you assassins?"

A laugh burst out of me. "No, we don't kill. The Academy is not like that. We do work on the darker side of the Academy but we don't kill. Our objective is to help others. Our team is well known in the Academy community. By doing hard missions that no one else will do, we made a lot enemies. For now, we are laying low for the Academy to take care of them."

Ryker looked around at us. A smile came to his face. "I think that I would like that."

We all smiled and laughed. The others surrounded him, welcoming him to the team. When we settled, Ryker asked us, "What's the name of the band, by the way?"

We shrugged. "We don't really have one. We like to play and sing. We always seem too busy to keep the band going."

"What about Fifth Power?" Ryker spoke.