CH. 2

~Present~

The morning light shined in my face, and I stretched. My hands swept over the soft sheets. After a mission long mission in Russia, last night was the first night of soft sheets and a comfortable mattress. Turning on my side, I opened my eyes to look at the time. I squealed when there were only fifteen minutes for me to get ready. I jumped up and ran into the bathroom. I stared at the shower, my old fears surfacing. Shaking myself out of my stupor, I jumped into the shower.

Once I was done within seven minutes, I pulled my closet doors open. A baby blue Calvin Klein shirt peeked from between clothes in the pack. I ran down a hand down the material, remembering the smell of vanilla. Grabbing a lacy pink blouse and a black A-line skirt, I put them on and ran to my vanity. I looked into my mirror. Large green eyes started back at me. They still held brokenness from my past, a past that I have never gotten over. Uncle and Dr. Roberts helped me overcome the hardest obstacle, and I love them for that. My hair was still black from my previous mission but thankfully it will wash out in a few days. I pulled my hair back with a clip and my bangs framed my face. I applied some mascara, making my green eyes pop. Satisfied with my look, I threw on some strappy sandals with block heels. I strapped my gun halter around my thigh when there was knocking on my door. I threw it open, looking at the three men at my door.

The first man was a giant. His fiery red hair grazed the door frame. His skin was tanned working in the sunlight, and warm hazel eyes smiled down at me. He wore a pair of fitted jeans and a black and red checkered shirt. Around his neck was a metal celtic knot on a braided leather string.

The next man was about two heads taller than I. He had black hair that was trimmed short on the side but his hair hung over his eyes. Peering through the curtain of hair were amber eyes. He had high cheekbones and had skin paler than mine. He wore black jeans and a large aubergine t shirt that seemed to swallow him. Although his clothes were a bit large, his muscles could be easily seen.

The third was about my age. His chestnut hair was brushed back into a nice hairdo and bright green eyes twinkled at me. His lips were pulled back, revealing his pearly teeth. He threw his arms open. "Welcome back, Sang."

"Rowan," I squealed before throwing myself into his arms. His familiar scent of cedarwood encompassed me.

"What about us?" A heavy accented voice interrupted me. I turned to look at the Irishman. His eyes smiled at me. "Long time no see, Titania."

I rolled my eyes. "It was only a month, Cian."

He grunted, and opened his arms. I ran into his open arms. My heart clenched when I smelt his Irish soap with a hint of a clover undertone. "I'm glad you're back. You have no idea how much Rin missed you."

The smooth voice rang out. "Hey, if I remember, it was a certain redhead that missed you the most. He kept moping around how his favorite fairy was gone forever." I leaned to the right to look at the last of my Academy family. Rin shyly smiled at me with a soft blush.

I laughed at the face Cian made at Rin. His face was scrunched up and his tongue was stuck out. When Cian moved away from me, I knew he had a plan. With a smirk on his face, Cian bent down and whispered something in Rin's ear. I chuckled along with Rowan when Rin's face turned red. I looked at my three best friends, reminding me of the first time I met all three.

It has been a month since the message was sent to me. I dragged myself into the diner, not wanting to break my promise of helping Uncle. My eyes felt tired and dry from the crying. I hoped that the makeup I applied covered the dark circles. Forcing a smile, I walked up to Uncle. "Good morning, Uncle."