Ch. 3

"Ms. Sorenson," a voice said behind me. I stopped, laying the shirt back down. Slowly, I turned from unpacking my luggage to look into the pleading eyes of Mr. Blackbourne. "Forgive me. I know that I promised time for us this summer but this mission is important. Once we complete this mission, we can eliminate all of the debt and the boys can graduate while giving us enough favors without starting at nothing. We can even take time off to do anything we want."

I held in my tears. I wanted to spend time with them now, not in the future. I had hope so long for some time to spend with everyone. I nodded, forcing a smile to my face. "It's okay, Mr. Blackbourne. The team needs this mission."

Mr. Blackbourne saw through my fake smile. In a few steps, he had me wrapped in his arms. I buried my face into his chest, my cheek resting against the soft fabric of his suit jacket. "I'm sorry, my love. We will be back in a few weeks."

"Can I not come with you," my voice wavered. I hated that they were leaving me here alone but I did not want me to be holding them back.

He sighed, resting his chin on the top of my head. "It is going to be a hard mission, and the whole team does not want to put you in any harm. Don't worry, my love. We will be back."

I lurched forward at the sudden stop of the car. Peeking out the window, I saw a building I haven't seen in months. Seven figures stood in front of doors. When they saw the car, they came running towards us. I had just released my seat belt when the door was flung open and arms reached inside to lift me from my seat. A pair of arms wrapped around me.

"Bean," a guy with soft brown hair that smelt like coffee swung me around.

A squeal escaped my lips. "Starbucks."

"Marc," another voice made the man holding me set me down. I turned to look into green eyes. Her brown hair was pulled back into a low ponytail and rested on her left shoulder. Even in a black camisole and black jeans, she looked cool as a cucumber in the sweltering heat. A small smile graced her lips. "Welcome home, Sang."

I rushed into her arms. "Kayli, I am so glad I am back. How are you?"

She laughed. "I'm doing good. I want to thank you for the advice. I have to thank you for making me realize that I want and need these men."

I smiled. "You already knew, but you were just stubborn to realize it. All you needed was a punch in the face."

She smirked. "I think I'm ready for that fight now."

"Later," I promised. Suddenly two sets of arms were around me. The smell of Corey's lemon and Brandon's motor oil wrapped me in a safe cocoon.

"Took you long enough to get back," Brandon joked. The deep pain that his eyes held had lessened, and happiness shone in his eyes. "We missed you."

Corey nodded. "Oh, yeah, I finished the algorithm. I wanted to send it to you but you were gone and I couldn't sent it to you since I didn't have your phone number. You have to see it. It was hard, but it was worth it. It-" He blushed when he realized he was babbling. "Sorry. I am happy you are back."

I squeezed them as hard as I could which was sadly not much pressure. "Thank you, you two. I cant wait to look at your algorithm."

A deep voice started to grumble. "Guys, I wanna hug, malen'kaya ptitsa (little bird)."

I extracted myself from the twin sandwich to face a sulking Russian. His hair was shorn short, but he still looked intimidating as ever. His eyes if needed could stare holes into your skull, and I knew that he carried at least two guns and a knife on his body. He was wearing a deep blue shirt with ripped jeans. His arms were crossed in front of him, and a pout was on his face. "I missed you, too, Yevgeny."