chapter 15

a c t i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xv.

◆◇◇

The list could go on forever. 5, no, 10 pages, only filled with names of several heroes that wanted Shizumi Chikara, now known as Ardour, in their agencies for the one-week internship. So many, the girl thought, however, would it be weird to say that she knew each and every one? Her hero obsession never left her, even after several years since the incident. It was like a memorial for her; something that she should encase and protect as a pleasant memory.

With the several names that were listed in front of her, Shizumi wondered how Todoroki and Bakugou were managing things right now. "Yo!" She nodded in acknowledgement to Kyouka's voice, not removing her gaze from the paper. "Shizu, you're gonna get eye surgery if you keep staring at that?" The girl finally blinked after 15 minutes, rubbing her pink eyes as she typed onto her phone's notepad.

While Kyouka sat down in front of her after grabbing a chair from a nearby seat, she read what Shizui's note had said. "I have too many offers..." The retro-styled girl sighed, patting her friend's back in comfort. 

"Well, you did achieve 3rd place in Japan's larget event that even went war against the Olympics. What do you expect?" The redhead glared at her female friend, making Jiro remove her hands and hold them up in the air. "Alright alright, sorry."

Shizumi took her phone back and typed, "And what's worse, they're all probably wanting me to go to their agencies." She displayed before typing again. "I don't want to let any of them down either, it would be too rude!" Kyouka looked up to meet the heterochromatic eyes of the girl that was her first friend, and it suddenly felt like she was looking at an angel.

She's too softhearted!! Kyouka thought.

A sudden idea popped into Shizumi's mind, "Do you think I should go to each and every one?! At least they would be satisfied!!"

Kyouka suddenly had to block her eyes over the sudden light that begun erupting from the redhead, shit! what is she, the sun?!

She recollected herself soon, flicking Shizumi's forehead lightly enough to leave a pink mark on her forehead. "Iiiiidiot," She commented, lengthening the 'I'. "You can only choose one, and don't worry, I'm sure they would be happy with your decision. Think of it as a multiple-choice question." She smiled before continuing, "there's only one correct answer, right?" 

Shizumi suddenly felt happy that she had a friend like Kyouka; everyone needs a Kyouka in their lives.

"So," the earphone-jack girl pointed to the paper sheets on Shizumi's table. "Use your thinking. Out of all these options, which one is the correct answer?" The redhead moved her gaze onto the paper before locking her eyes with the name she wanted to train with and quickly planted a tick next to the name.

She had only hoped that this was the correct solution.

◇◆◇

After quickly handing the paper to Aizawa's hands, he looked at her with a positive look in his eyes, almost as if he was happy with her choice. After tiredly nodding at the girl, she politely bowed to her teacher and left the office, now skipping through the halls of UA, the glass walls displaying a soft, pink, and orange hue that mixed like a color pallet in the skies, the sun setting not so far away in the horizon that ran endlessly in rounds.

It truly was a beauty, the sky that burns like a hot flame, leaving white smoke to float endlessly in whichever direction her hair flew and left the grass to dance with the music that the breeze left whenever it passed by.