chapter 56

a c t  i v.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter lvi.

◆◇◇

"You two are interning together?!" Uraraka exclaimed, shocked at the idiotic duo who sat on the sofa. The day was over and both of Sir Nighteye's interns were back at the dorms after another hour-long train ride back, well, almost, since the Dekusquad pushed both of them down and started interrogating them. "That's great!! Congrats you two!!"

I hope she doesn't take it the wrong way...

They didn't do anything to make her jealous, right? Other than getting some breakfast that Togata treated them to, later on the way back, when they both went souvenir shopping after spotting it somewhere on the streets. The poor boy picked out his fat wallet and bought all the All Might stuff he didn't have in his shrine, while she watched with a sweatdrop and got a cute keychain of Mirko for her school bag.

Later, since they also got kind of hungry, and Mirio went off somewhere for the day, they also got some Subway sandwiches and three cookies. Those were the best ones she'd ever tasted in her entire life, and the third one, they split it up equally too.

It wasn't anything weird, right? Just a friendly hangout.

Iida shook the green bean's hand, "Congratulations, Deku. You too Shizumi-san!" Shizumi complied, she didn't know much about Iida, but enough to know the boy respected others.

"Kero, it's the first time I've seen Shizumi stay side by side with Midoriya..."

"Hm? How come?" The said boy tilted his head, and the redhead followed his moves.

"Well, even during when Stain happened," Iida wondered, looking back to how Shizumi was completely off-charts during the first hero internships. "Kero, she wasn't there either."

Shizumi flinched nervously, I was busy dealing with Konoha with Monoma and Bakugo!!

"And then during the final exams, she also paired up with someone that wasn't from our class, although she did beat ass!" Ochaco joined in, eyes sparkling at the memory. "And then, um, well, you get the point!! Shziumi-chan, trouble follows Deku-kun!! Stay safe!!"

"Why are you wording it like that...Ah, but during the Sports Festival Cavalry Battle, I did take her with me though?" Izuku wondered. "But anyways, I look forward to working together Shizumi-san!!" The girl happily nodded at him, holding her hands on her lap.

"Ehh," the boys from the Bakusquad now also came down the stairs, walking up to the Dekusquad. "That's so crazy though, how you've already found a work-study, Midoriya, Shizumi," Kirishima spoke, hands behind his head as he leaned into them. 

"Yeah, and no less with All Might's former partner, Sir Nighteye. That's just insane!!" Kaminari commented, walking beside Sato and Hanta.

Seemed as though almost everyone was in the lounge room, now. Sato followed closely behind Pikachu with a bag of chips in his hands, whilst Sero and Kirishima stopped a short distance behind them. Tokoyami made his way over to the wall to lean against, and Shiuzmi spotted Ojiro and Shoji sitting opposite each other at one of the dining tables. 

Just behind them on the opposite wall were Bakugou and Shoto, who seemed to be brooding in the corner for some reason, probably envious.

She waved at them, but only Todoroki waved back, watching her hand movement and trying to copy it, while Bakugo scoffed and looked away. It was probably his first time waving at someone.

"Yeah," Sero said, "You'll be working at Sir Nighteye's agency. That's seriously amazing!"

"And I heard Togata recommended you guys," Kirishima added.