chapter 51

a c t  i v.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter li.

◆◇◇

"Shizuuuu! Check this cute little dress out!!" Mina shoved a pink summer, strapped dress into the girl's face, startling her and making her flinch. "Try it out!!"

"Mina, I don't like revealing stuff..."

"C'mon, please!! For me!! I wanna see if this dress will suit me!!"

"Then try it!! I'm sure it will-"

"Shizu, please!!"

The girl could never win against someone who was looking at her with baby eyes, and she gave in, sighing silently to herself. She hadn't bought anything all day, and it was starting to piss everyone that was there, off.

Before she could grab the dress, Katsuki grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the store, angry and ticked off more than usual. "Why in the world are you trying on clothes for those idiots?! Are you actually that fucking mental?!" He didn't waste a second in letting her know what his problem was.

The grip on her hand was tight, and she was surprised at him. "You know raccoon eyes is annoying as fuck, right?! You think she can't make you agree on something just by peer pressuring you?! And why are you holding back from getting what you want?! Don't let her choose for you!!"

No, it's just... She looked down, coming to a stop outside the shop and leaning against the railing. I don't want to make you waste your money. 

She blinked a few times at him, avoiding his gaze, and rather stared at her old sneakers. But there's no way I can tell you that! Your pride will get hurt!!

He saw the look in her eyes and grunted, ruffling his hair and looking away from her as a whole. She was wearing a white blouse with its ends tucked into a red and black checked long skirt, topped with red flannel. her hair was also pulled into a bun, as usual, with a few hair strands loose. Shizumi really didn't know how to tie her hair without making a complete mess out of it, and neither was she ready for a haircut anytime soon.

"I lost, okay?! So get what you want!! Leave those assholes alone and let's go!! Whaddya want?!"

He wasn't wrong. Kirishima darted off to a sports store to get some new shoes, Kaminari to the games store, Sero was at the hardware store, and Mina dragging Shizumi to every damn clothing store, Bakugo annoyingly following the redhead since he had a wager to fulfill.

"I don't want anything!! I swear!!" She wrote down, ignoring the weird stares from the people that passed by. They were already sort of famous from the sports festival earlier this year, and he was raising his voice as usual. She always wonders where he gets that confidence from.

"Don't fuckin' lie to me!! Why else did you have thirty yen back in your little money bank?!" She flinched, pulling her device behind her.

She did want a few things. Her own crush was paying for them too, and she's always wanted a gift from Bakugo, but would the things she would buy even be considered a gift? And besides, she felt bad for using someone else's money. She's rarely ever used money from her foster parents despite their stable and successful jobs.

"...Then," she quickly thought, wanting to finish this with something cheap. "...Just a nice meal is fine. I swear, it'll be enough."

"...Tch, fine, but that shit was already on the damn list!" He grabbed her hand after staring at her hair and began to walk, dragging her along. "Let's go. If you're not choosing something, then I'll do it for ya! You're gonna get lost anyways..."