chapter 22

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xxii.

◆◇◇

Was there a time when her sleepyhead-of-a-homeroom teacher once taught her something other than usual studies? Yes, there was. The topic? I-Island.

I-Island was a man-made island in the middle of the ocean built specifically for the scientists and inventors of the world to perform research on quirks. It was a giant, circular, floating utopia that every company invested into the development and support of quirks paid for so that support items and research could be made and done in peace. The island was a mobile structure, floating around the world slowly as more and more research is found on the Quirk phenomenon, and support items are built for the mainland.

Shizumi had found it intriguing; a man-made island? Specifically, made for support items? It was like a dreamland for Hatsume, if she recalled how machine-obsessed the female was during the sports festival. A weird feeling of specifically wanting to go there had taken over her, and the exact day at which she had got to know about the island, she had received a peculiar mail from a peculiar female.

And not only that, but the day she had gotten it, Monoma had come up to her door at the exact same moment. "Seeing how we both got the same mail from the same person, I suppose you know that it's from Mirko, right?" The girl nodded, holding the envelope in her small hands.

Monoma looked at the girl's home attire; a sleeveless hoodie, her hair tied up in two low-pigtails, her cowlick slightly off position, and black, tight trouser with her feet left bare. It was quite different from her usual school or hero-costume attire, making him slightly flush at how the girl was basically screaming over how much she loved hoodies.

All in all, she looked cute (although he would never admit it.)

She invited him into her small house, greeting politely towards an old woman who sat inside the living room. She took him to his room, where they had sat on the ground, and looked at their respective envelopes. Suga, Shizumi's grey cat, had somewhat joined the duo and sat in Monoma's lap, who was petting the cat's fur gently.

"Wanna open it?" He asked, the girl nodded in agreement. Taking a deep breath, they ripped open the piece of paper, and what fell out of it was a letter and a ticket.

"Dear Shizumi,

How have you been?! Kicking any villain ass in the streets yet? Hope you guys haven't been breaking too many bones!

That would be Midoriya-san... Shizumi sweatdropped at the thought.

Anyways, I heard how you two beat Vlad's ass in the final exams. Congrats, I'm proud of you little red!! As a present for your hard work, I have sent you some tickets to a man-made island that I hope will help broaden the minds of you two, I-Island! The event will be short, just a small party with dinner and all, perhaps even a dance ;)

Sadly, I won't be able to attend it myself. I've been called for some Hero work in the same week you'll be staying there, so I sent you my tickets!  Also, don't worry about the cost! Being the no.5 hero in all of Japan has its quirks, especially when you get a fully-booked hotel with five-star customer service!

Anyways, enjoy your stay! Write back to me will ya?

Take care little red!

XOXO,
Mirko.

P.S you better get a dance with a handsome boy!!

P.S.P.S i'm walking you down the aisle.