chapter 41

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xl.

◆◇◇

She excitedly gazed upon the arena which had the roof of a circus tent, and saw how students from all over japan gathered here today to collect their licenses. And she was going to be one of them. No, she had to be one of them. 

Because once she could, she would be able to face melody on the night before her birthday, 3 months and 24 days from now. 

"Ughhh," Kyouka's pale figure groaned from beside the redhead, who had sparkles in her eyes. "I'm getting kind of nervous."

"I wonder what they're going to make us do," Mineta added, jumping from foot to foot nervously. "Aw, what if I can't get my license?"

"Mineta," Aizawa-sensei said, bending down to the level of the short one, Shizumi snorted at that. "Don't ask if you can. Say that you will."

That's right, this ain't a game of what-ifs. I will get my license. I will not walk out of that arena without it...!

"Right! Sure! I've got this!"

Aizawa got up and stared at his students; usually, his droopy eyes would make Shizumi think that he was tired of his job and life, and that he didn't expect anything from his students. But now, he was sure of it. He wanted it.

"If you can pass this test and get your provisional licenses," he said, "then you novice eggs will hatch into chicks. You'll be Semi-Pros. I expect your best."

Shizumi felt chills go down her spine, and she smiled like a gremlin or a simpleton from pure excitement, and when she gazed at her friend- correction: crush's smile, she felt even more excited, but a little surprised.

Bakugo-san rubbed off me too much.

"Let's pull out the usual guys!!" Kirishima added on, and for once, Shizumi was proud that her fellow redheaded friend was such an optimistic person. It was like he could make the class's spirits reach the sky. "On my mark!! Go Plus..."

Shizumi couldn't shout, but she raised her fist in the air. 

"ULTRA!"

No one from her class said that. She flinched in surprise and looked for the source of voice; just behind Kirishima, a new guy had arrived, a guy she didn't know who he was; wearing a white button-up t-shirt, navy blue dress trousers, fancy shoes, and a sailor's cap with an 'S' insignia. He was tall and slightly tanned, muscular but also lean; and from what the mute girl could tell he had a buzzcut, based on the shaved sideburns he had poked out from underneath his cap.

"You know, it's rude to barge into other people's huddles like that, Inasa." Her dual-colored eyes switched their gaze from the tall guy to a short guy, one with the same uniform, but had lilac hair flopping over the left side of his face. He stopped next to a girl with long, strawberry-blonde hair, and a navy skirt paired with her white shirt. Shizumi immediately thought that she was really pretty.

"What? Pardon me," the tall guy who she had assumed was "Inasa" suddenly said, standing very upright. "I am. So. Very. Extremely. SORRY!"

With each ord, he clamped another body part closer to the ground, until he full-on slammed his forehead onto the ground. The class jumped back ins surprise, but Shizumi's eyes widened at the sight of his blood. She jogged up to him when he stood upright, confused why the girl now stood in front of him.

"YOUR FOREHEAD! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!" She wrote down, and he stared at her without answering, before, he let out an "aaah!!" sound, startling the girl. He looked like he realized something, and he pointed at the girl.